Chapter 60: Bliss, Bliss, Fire

"Hm... we shouldn't be experiencing anything too out of the ordinary... right?" Shez questioned. Byleth looked around the entire area and noticed that it appeared to be... cooling down.

Byleth grunted, "You're wrong on that Shez, something wrong happened here..." The others nodded slowly as they continued walking down the pathway. There was a pathway with coals, but it didn't seem to burn their feet.

"The coal should be burning us since we're in the fire kingdom... something affected the place, or maybe King Radiant is in the same situation as Queen Snow Frost," Celica said as she noticed the surrounding ground. The others looked down and felt the exact same feeling underneath them.

Alear groaned, "Now where is that ruler anyways? I kinda just wanna know if Queen Bailey is here or not."

"You're acting a little more aggressive than usual, Alear, is something wrong?" Alerius questioned as he walked to her side. Alear looked at him and slowly shook her head. They continued walking down the pathway to the kingdom. Right as they arrived they noticed the citizens were appearing to be freezing.

Byleth mumbled, "Citizens freezing... the coal not burning our feet... Yes, a similar situation is happening here much with the Snow Kingdom. What are King Amedeo's true intentions?"

"CITIZENS!" Someone's voice echoed through the kingdom. The heroes all went to hide behind a house as they saw a figure submerge from within the shadows. It was none other than King Radiant himself, he appeared to be feisty and more importantly he had some strange aura surrounding him. Something that wasn't with Queen Snow Frost.

A citizen asked, "K-King Radiant, when are you going to fix our horrible weather conditions! We cannot survive in these extreme cold temperatures!" King Radiant stood there staring at the citizen and soon his eyes turned into rage. Swinging his staff at them and instantly bruning the citizen.

Byleth grunted, "W-What the hell is wrong with that man?!" King Radiant smiled at the burned spot as he turned to the other citizens. They all started retreating to their houses as King Radiant began to laugh hysterically.

"You are all nothing more but weaklings compared to your majesty here! Slaughtered right here and there!" King Radiant laughed. He stopped when he saw something in the distance. It was the heroes, and soon they walked out from behind the homes and stood a couple feet away from King Radiant.

A guard asked, "Who are those, your highness?"

"Just a bunch of punks who don't know how to stay outta someone's business," King Radiant snickered as he walked toward the heroes. They all stood there as he stopped in front of them. "What are you all doing here..."

Byleth replied, "We're on a quest to find Queen Bailey."

"Queen Bailey, like that light fairy queen?"

"Yes..." King Radiant laughed as he tossed a fireball in his hands. The heroes all stood there in silence as he turned to face the heroes. "Do you have a problem with that?"

King Radiant explained, "Not at all! Y'all are checking the wrong ass place. Don't worry though! I'll lead you to her..."

"That'd be great and all but what are you doing to your people?"

"Gu-huh?"

"Your people... you killed someone because they asked about the temperatures of the kingdom. What is going on," Celica ordered. King Radiant stood there staring at the heroes as he jumped backward and got his hands ready with fire spells. "Are you going to fight?"

King Radiant mocked, "Is a fight all you ask for or do you want something more than that?" The heroes all took out their weapons as the torches on the sides of the staircase leading to the castle, all lit up. All of them were different colors with the last fires becoming black.

"You're trying to showcase something 'cool' you did, huh?" Sonic mocked. King Radiant chuckled as he got to the doors of the castle.

King Radiant explained, "You're all the heroes from Dawn! I should've known you pricks would be coming through my kingdom in an effort to save Bailey... but now you guys won't slide. I have orders to follow from Lord Liberty and I will do everything in my power to DO SO!"

"Lord Liberty!? Who is that?!" Kirby asked. King Radiant didn't seem to be bothered to answer. He got his hands ready as he shot two fireballs at the heroes. They were able to dodge the attack as King Radiant got himself ready. Then he entered his "rage mode" stage.

His eyes lit up red as his hands were completely covered in flames. He dashed toward the heroes and attempted to punch them. However, Tails jumped in the way and shot a ray gun at King Radiant. He fell backward as he glared down at the heroes.

Celica asked, "He seems to be a lot more skilled than Queen Snow Frost was..."

"That's to be suspected! We can't let our guards down!" Byleth ordered. The heroes all nodded as King Radiant stopped his "rage mode" sequence. He stood there glaring at the heroes as he took out his staff. Which transformed into a flame sword for him to use.

King Radiant laughed, "I can't wait to see what you punks do in order to ensure that you can find a way to defeat me!" He laughed one more time as he dashed at the heroes. He swung the sword and some heroes were hit from it. Burning in the process as the others tried to attack him. However, he was quick and jumped backward.

"Don't let your guard down! As for the heroes on my team! Make sure you use your stones to your advantage!" Byleth ordered. The heroes all nodded as they kept their stones next to them in case they needed to use them.

King Radiant gasped, "You heroes have the legend stones! This will be a lot more exciting than how I first anticipated it! Let's get this show on the road everyone!" The heroes kept staring at him as he smiled wickedly at the heroes. "Let the fire... ROARRR!!!"