ɴᴏᴍɪɴᴇᴇꜱ

Anastasia's pov:

The short drive in the cramped cab with Duff seemed to become gathered around by paparazzi as we came to a stop.I scrounged through my bag as I found a pill and tossed it into my mouth as Duff gave me a disapproving look as I just raised my eyebrows at him as he shook his head as the door opened to flashing lights as he climbed out sticking his hand out as I took it as he pulled me onto the carpet leading up to a huge building with amazing lights and flooded with music stars and celebrities.

"are you sure were meant to be here?"I whispered in Duffs ear as the cameras around us flashed as the cab behind us drove away.

"In case you hadn't notice,our albums almost and number 1,if Axl was here we'd probably have to hire security."Duff chuckled as I sensed some resentment,he didn't have as much attention from the media as Axl considering he was just the lyricist and bassist and Axl was mainly the frontman.

"I think Axl is his own security."I teased as Duff chucked linking his arm around mine as he guided me down the carpet into the building.It was rows and rows of seats with a huge stage like a movie theatre but more fancy.I saw some of my idols there,Mtv had become really popular.

"There you two are!"Alan said rushing over as he stopped looking up and down at Duff. "I thought we agreed on suit and tie?"He said disappointed.

"I have the tie?"Duff grinned cluelessly holding it up.

"Either way,you look amazing Anastasia!Your only nominated for one award this year so hope we win the best MTV music award for best new artist!"Alan said enthusiastically embracing me courteously.

"Where's the vodka?"Duff said looking around.

"Duff this is Mtv not the cathouse!"Alan scoffed "I'll try and find the champagne."He nodded rushing away as I felt a tug at my hand as I spun around catching me off guard as I spun into Slash.

"you look um.."Slash began to compliment me as he coughed remembering Duff was there as he turned around. "cute."Slash nodded quickly letting go off my hand as Duff smirked at him.

"Slasher,I thought you'd be here with Adler considering he's back?"Duff asked.

"no,Adlers not coming he's probably doing coke,he came back with Metallica and Kirk said he was snorting lines all the way home from Vegas."Slash shrugged. "I thought you'd be at the bar?"Slash suggested as Duffs eyes lit up.

"There's a bar?Hey I'll catch up with you Ana,all these snarky musicians are already pissing me off."Duff said tapping my back as he wandered off as Slash watched him leave smirking.

"where's the bar?"I asked glancing at him.

"there isn't a bar.I just wanted you to myself."He whispered as I rolled my eyes.

"Duffs going to kill you!Literally he asked me earlier what's going on with us?"I panicked remembering.

"we could lay low for a while but I'm seeing you tonight."He winked.

"and how do you expect me escape my brother and lay low?"I said mocking him.

"just keep him at the bar."Slash said rolling his eyes.

"There isn't a bar!"I scowled as he brushed it off.

"Well I'm sure we could figure something out but-"Slash began as I saw Kirk approach us as I squealed.

"Kirk!!"I said running into his arms as he hugged me.

"hey Ana,you look great."He smiled sweetly as I blushed. "Slash."Kirk nodded as him and Slash exchanged smiled but Slash was acting a little hostile."I heard you were nominated?"Kirk asked as Slash didn't really say anything.

"yeah,there nominated for the best new artist."I said proudly.

"hey!Metallica is too!"Kirk said cheerfully.

"may the best man win."Slash said bluntly as he wandered away as Kirk and I exchanged confused glances.

"did I say something..?"Kirk said worried.

"No I think he meant band,he's just a little tired."I lied as I excused myself as I wandered away to find Slash but Duff greeted me instead to my surprise.

"Can you f*cking believe they only serve champagne here."Duff slurred fiddling with the skinny glass.

"Well like Alan said this is the MTV music awards,remember your nominated for an award so don't get too drunk?"I assured him stuttering my words as I worried even though I'd never normally care but considering Duff almost drank himself to death recently,my concern was understandable.

"Too late,have you seen the size of these glasses there tiny I've had about ten."He giggled holding it up like a toast.

"Six?Already Duff?"I sighed,I sounded like Mandy. "what about rehab?"I said as Duff wasn't even looking at me straight.

"who's that?"He said gawking at a tall blonde supermodel from across the room.

"Duff!Your married!"I sighed trying to remind him as he attempted to stand up as he wobbled on his heels falling back as Alan caught him quickly with a genuine look of relief.

"God Anastasia why'd you let him drink this much!Hes like a child a literal child!"Alan scolded me as all I could think about was my own parents,in some way Alan was like a dad to guns,he was a way better father than mine and Duffs biological father was,god he was an asshole and don't even get me started on my mother.I hated thinking about them but I always did every once in a while as I opened up my bag popping another pill in my mouth quickly looking around to check if anyone noticed.