Chapter 60

Chapter 59 continues

"Carry on"the judge agreed as he wrote something in his note.

Tae's attorney signaled the police officer that helped Tae and Jungkook before and he understood the signal.

Not long after, two people were brought into the court.

Kwon gasped as one of them was his son and his whispered, Jaemin who was limping and had bruises on his face. His son's head was bowed low as he was pulled into the courtroom.

"Your honor this is Mr Kwon's son, Jaemin Kwon and the other man is Mr Mike Travis"the attorney said to the judge. The new faces and name peaked everyone's interest and confused Kwon's attorney.

"Mr Kwon, you didn't tell me you have a son and who is the other guy?" the attorney asked whispering to Kwon. But Kwon was frozen in fear for his son because he knew what was about to happen and clearly forgot to tell the attorney about him.

Everything will be ruined Kwon though in fear.

Minho saw the fear in Kwon's face and the confusion in the attorney face and snickered at them.

"Mr Mike,please stand on the podium and swear on the Bible"the attorney said to him.

Mike swore and the attorney started with his questions.

"Mr Mike, two questions I'm about to ask you are going to be answered with either a yes or a no. Agreed?"Tae's attorney asked.

"Yes sir"Mike answered softly.

"Now, your name is Mike Travis, age 25, single and have a dog?"the attorney asked.

"Yes"Mike answered.

"According to the statement I have in my hand here, you work Monday to Friday 7pm to 11pm in the club. Correct?"the attorney asked for confirmation.

"Yes sir"Mike answered truthfully again.

The attorney handed the statement paper to the judge before going back to Mike and asked,"so Mr Mike can you please explain to the judge and everyone here what happened that night?"

"Yes sir. That night, I was doing my duty, serving drinks like every other day. I was feeling the urge to pee and didn't have anyone to cover for me since we were short staffed at the time so I thought I could make it quick and I did".

"But just I was about to come out of the bathroom stall, someone pushed me back inside and gave me a small bottle and told me to put it in someone's drink. I refused and he threatened to hurt me and make my life a living hell. I was scared so I agreed and he showed me Mr Kim's picture".

"Just as I was about to leave, he told me to bring him to the same bathroom stall after I noticed the effects of the drug on him. I left hurriedly in fear and when I go to my post, Mr Kim was already coming into the club with his boyfriend"the bartender ended.

"I also read from the statement that the drug you put his drink was Aphrodite right?"the attorney asked.

"Yes, it was Aphrodite. I felt guilty for doing that to him but I was scared for my life so I did it"the bartender said feeling guilty.

"And you ran away because his plans had failed and in the end it might lead to your death or because of your guilt?"the attorney inquired.

"Both sir"Mike answered truthfully.

"Did you by any chance see his face?"the attorney asked.

"No sir, I didn't. Sorry"Mike replied.

"Ok that is all Mr Mike"Tae attorney said and Mike was escorted down the podium.