Chapter 40: Goddess

Start from the beginning

"Can it Lokes, and tell me what's going on,"

Loki cleared his throat and started mindlessly picking at his hand. He had been so excited to tell Y/n about her heritage that he had forgotten how big of a moment this was. This changes everything.

"Well em, basically," she gently took his hands and looked me in the eyes. "Well darling err, oh that's right! Eir and Mother said that liquid used on you was svart magic. An ancient dark magic,"

"How in the Realms would H.Y.D.R.A have gotten that. And hide that smirk,"

He was indeed smirking at the fact that he had rubbed off on her but continued, "They said it fractured your mind, so it may take a bit for you to become your old self,"

"And my power?"

"I'd suggest not trying straight away, maybe tomorrow dear,"

She scanned Loki's eyes and then said, "And..."

Loki sighed and said, "There's no hiding from you is there,"

"No so stop stalling,"

"Have I ever told you about Vanaheim darling?" Loki says standing up and walking towards a little table near the fireplace.

"No but I know it from my Magnus Chase books,"

"Ah yes, that little series," he picked up a large volume from the table and walked to her, "And what have you learned from this?"

"Well I know that the afterlife is called Folkvangr which kind of sounds like Volkswagen but anyway, there is a ruler called Freya who had a twin named Frey. Their father was Njord God of the Wind and Sea, who had really shiny feet and that's how he got married to Skadi and how you almost pulled out your-"

"Alright yes yes, enough of that. That didn't happen," his face turned red while Y/n laughed.

"Alright go on," she said after calming down.

"Well, almost everything you recounted is true," he said giving her a pointed look at 'almost.' "The twin Gods walked the Earth and the other half still does today,"

She furrowed her brows, "Half?"

Loki sighed then handed her the book, 'The Blood of Vanaheim.' "This is their family tree," he pointed to Njord then to Freya and then to Frey. A muscle in her jaw feathered so he pushed on. "However, there lines have either ended or not yet continued," gesturing to the blank space.

"How?" she asked intently looking at the drawing of Frey.

Loki swallowed but continued, "Most don't know how the death of Frey occurred. But...my mother did,"

'Gods get out of me already,'

"Loki?"

He turned and looked at her, "Frey and my mother were the best of friends, So much so that she was the only one he had informed about the birth of his daughter,"

Her eyes became glossy but she let him continue, "He was the Prince of Vanaheim, heir to the throne and an acknowledged Lord of Alfheim too, so there were certain expectations of him. Ones that he could not meet," Loki took a breathe and continued, watching Y/n's face carefully and taking her hands in his, "He had fallen in love with a beautiful woman with y/c/h and y/c/e. She had captured his heart and him hers. But there was one problem, she was of Jotunheim. She had magic so she used glamour to change herself into a more human form that I had just described, but that wasn't enough. Frey wanted to live in a world where his lover did not have to hide her form, so they ran. They hide in the forests of Alfheim for years. They got married and they had a child,"

Tears fell from Y/n's eyes as Loki continued, "But somehow, word had spread, and they were found. The wife...was killed," he faltered but continued, "No one knows who had done it. Most believe it was the Frost giants but we can't be sure as there were many were angered at the fact that their beloved Frey had married a Jotun or vis versa, many but not my mother. Frey carried the child through the worlds using ancient passageways until ultimately he reached Asgard. Where he sought out my mother, fell to his knees, and presented the child, begging for help,"

"Did she?" she did not make eye contact with him and instead looked towards the fire.

"There was nothing she could do, but she tried. If she kept the child there would be too many people coming to kill her before she had the chance to live, so instead she used her power to connect with the Norns. Something that no one had ever been able to do. She prayed for their guidance and for protection of the child, but they demanded a price. A life for a life,"

More and more tears spilled.

"She told him not to do it and that they'd find a way but he didn't listen. He instead smiled warmly and bid my mother farewell. Frey went through the Bifrost with his child and went too..."

She finally looked up to him and said quietly, "Where did he go Loki?"

"London, to an orphanage. Where he put her in a little basket and wrote her name on a card and left. He then went back to Vanaheim and performed the rituals and he now sits on a throne in the halls of Valhalla that overlook the fields of Folkvangr. He drinks mead each day and watches his beautiful girl grow up into a marvellous woman,"

"I need to hear it," she said swallowing her sob, "Say it."

"Y/n, you are the daughter of Frey God of the Wind and The Sea and Gerd a Goddess of Fertility, making you a full-blooded Goddess and an Heir to the throne of Vanaheim,"

She did not speak.

She did not faint.

Instead, she cried.

And he, he embraced her.

He embraced her as her whole world began to change.

I love title drops.

Siggy