Chapter 30: Sydney

Y/n POV

After hours of boredom and 360s in the sky I finally made it to my destination. Thankfully Tony managed to boost the speed of the Quinjet so I didn't have to sit there for 22 Hours. He's Iron Man! What can't he do?

"Stay alive,"

"What?" The slight sound of a voice caught me off guard. 'It's probably nothing,' I thought to myself.

There was a S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarters in Sydney which was where I was going to keep the Quinjet, didn't want any strangers poking around at my stuff. I turned on the cloaking device and made my way under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Using the keypad on my dashboard I sent a quick message to the headquarters to alert them I was here.

The Jet was currently hovering the water in silence. Waiting for the gates to be opened or a reply from the agency. I checked the time on the screen.

7am Friday. That's around 3pm back home. I waited a couple more minutes before a little ping sound reached my ears.

Bring her down Agent.

I smiled and lowered the Quinjet, turning off her engines as she touched the water. I went down deeper and deeper into the water until I heard the sound of metal clanking. Perfect.

The gates to the S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarters opened, letting the Quinjet in. The landing pad room was filled with water already so the Jet and I simply sank in. As we reached the bottom the gates closed above us.

"This is not the way I'm dying," I murmured waiting for someone to not let me drown.

Finally, the water surrounding me was sucked into these holes in the walls and the water was cleared away.

'Thank Thor,' I thought.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and walked out of the jet. The hanger I was currently in was a big cube room with a S.H.I.E.L.D logo plastered onto one of the metal walls. A black door was built right under it with a speaker on its side.

"Name?" said a voice through the speaker.

"Y/n Frey," I say.

"Reason?"

"Mission A29 B35,"

"You're clear for access Ms Frey," and just like that the black door swung open and I was face to face with a fellow S.H.I.E.L.D agent.

"Agent Barker," I said giving him a respectful head nod.

"Welcome to Australia Ms Frey," he said smiling.

I knew him from a S.H.I.E.L.D World council meeting a few years ago. Dark Blond hair with green eyes. Pretty tall and slightly muscular.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice," he stepped aside to let me in. We walked through a long hallway with labs on either side. "I believe you know your mission?"

"Word for word, Barker," I replied looking at the agents do their techy stuff.

"Good, then your ready to go," he pushed to double doors leading into a massive room filled with computers and S.H.I.E.L.D agents. There was a giant screen showing a man waiting at the park.

"That's our guy," he said pointing.

Beside the seated man was a black briefcase with all the info on the Super Soldier Program.

"They'll be meeting on the top floor of the Tower Eye, probably in the restaurant. This is a get in and out mission, evac will be waiting for you at the bottom," he said.

"Fun," I slide my bag onto the ground next to me and pulled out my daggers. After sliding them into the holders in my sleeve I got up and looked at Barker. "When do we start?"