Chapter 26: Regnsky

"So, Thor and I fought in ball gowns and ultimately got Mjolnir back," Loki said taking a bite out of his own Hot Dog.

Y/n burst out laughing, "You? In a floor length bridesmaid's dress!"

"I'll have you know that I looked absolutely stunning in it," he replied unintentionally flipping his hair.

"You know what, I think you would marry yourself if you had the chance," she said shaking her head.

"I think I would. It would be far better than one of those ridiculous maidens on Asgard," Loki scoffed at the thought of them.

Y/n threw her paper in the bin before turning to him and saying, "The only reason you think they are ridiculous is because you haven't found the right one,"

"Oh please," he said doing the same with his one, "those childish dreams have long been diminished,"

He rolled his eyes at the thought of seeking new love and being his naïve little self again. Running after any women who thought his hair looked nice one day.

"Are you always so," Y/n said standing up. "Pessimistic?"

"I believe the word you're looking for is misanthrope darling, I'm always optimistic on the fact that Thor will at least get stabbed thrice a month," he said doing the same.

The two of them were silent for a few moments before bursting out laughing. Frigga smiled from the distance, enjoying the view of her son and hopefully future daughter getting along.

Something about the girl intrigued her. Like an old friend whom she had forgotten the face of. Like a dream she couldn't remember well. Thor had finished the whole basket a while ago and was currently braiding Frigga's hair, putting little daisies on it like he did as a child.

"How does it look my dear?"

"Wonderous mother! I think you'll be proud of how much I've improved," he rejoiced.

"I'd love it anyways my son," she said turning her head to look at him.

Loki and Y/n looked to where the two were sitting and walked over. Loki realising why he had come over in the first place after his mother grinned at him like a child. The god had to conceal his warming face with an illusion, one he knew no matter how much he tried his mother would see.

"Hello, you two," she said beaming at the two of them side by side.

"How was lunch Frigga?" Y/n asked.

"It was delightful Y/n! I couldn't thank you enough for doing this for us,"

"It was my pleasure,"

"Done!" yelled Thor swinging his mother's braid for her to see.

The god had indeed done a good job on the hairstyle, little flowers placed delicately everywhere but not too messily. The goddess looked stunning with the style and the flowers did well to bring out her beautiful eyes.

"Thank you, my son," she said kissing his cheek.

Loki scoffed and scolded Thor, "You fool," he said bending down to her level. On one of the flowers laid a small green caterpillar munching away on the petals. The god picked the creature up and threw him away, rubbing his hands vigorously on his suit. "You got bugs in mother's hair!"

"It's alright Loki, I don't mind a few bugs here and there," she said putting a quick kiss on his cheek as well.

The god gave a small smile before looking up at Y/n and blushing. She was grinning like an idiot after watching the introduction.

"Like me when I read books and the character and love interest talk about each other. Back to the story, I was never here," said a figure sitting on a nearby tree wearing a really shady cape.