Chapter 123

Oliver had given his all to transport Mari to a plane heading towards home. The nearest one he could locate. That wasn't easy and he doubts she would understand the full effort it took to do such a thing. He'd have to first know which flights were off. Their time of departure so he could estimate where they might be in flight. Calculate the height, see their flight path and focus on an ever moving item and make sure when he teleported her, she wouldn't appear in mid air or within the metal of the plane, heavens forbid she appears in the engine and make sure she wouldn't appear in the middle of the planes aisle. No he had to calculate everything, know how the plane looks like internally and be constantly adjusting to match the speed in which the plane is moving so he could set her down in the restroom.

And! In that same instant he shoved as much of his stored magical powers down, down, down into the earth, through the roots of every living plant matter he could. His flowers, he imagines bloomed all at once, appearing upon every surface of Volterra, up to the very boarders of it. 

Should any vampires dare come on his lands,  he will now know. The enemy might be able to maneuver beyond his sight there but here, here they would have no such advantages... the moment he could, he would do the same for Forks. He just needs rest now.

Of course, he took into consideration that his magic would trouble the people but he decided that didn't matter. They will thank him later. They better.  He was under no obligation to help them all and granted he didn't do all this to help them. He only did this for her and his desire to have her join him one day. He didn't need her like the others did. He didn't need her to validate him like Grace and Theo did. But he knew his faults and he knew she could balance him. That was all he needed.

As of this moment though thinking beyond such trivial thoughts the enemy didn't move. He made the right call, then. They are wary of him. Wary of what he could do... possibly? It will buy them some more time.

His actions were sure to worry Demetri. So he and Simon will return promptly. Edward would surely be suspicious and should be—

Ah. 

Oliver's phone was ringing. Edward was calling. Just as he thought. Oliver ignored the call and sent a text instead. Return, he typed and hit send. Shortly after he sent a text to Mari. Yes yes. Mari will have questions too. 

So many questions and Oliver had little to no answers.

"What the hell was that?" Rosalie barged in. Her beautiful face pulled into a beautiful scowl. Shortly behind her ran in Bella and Bree. "What have you done!"

Oliver had barely time to recover. He had to sit up straight. He had to present himself as untroubled. Powerful. Confident. He had to do these things... because they all fear him. They think him as these things and as long as he remains this character to them they will fear nothing. As long as the source of their fear fears nothing then they have nothing to be afraid of. It would provide them a small sense of... security. The moment he falters, they too shall falter. That is what is meant to be king.

"Hm? Did I do something?" Oliver asked obnoxiously.

"I can't hear Mari anymore. She just got to the doors and then she was gone!" Rosalie snarled.

"Wait, Mari is gone?" Bree asked confused.

Oliver frowned. He's grown to like Rosalie but she was so uptight that it annoyed him at times. To make it worse she wasn't afraid to speak up.

"Well she couldn't stay here," he said nonchalantly. "We've come to an agreement. She is better sorted there. And what's done is done! Now, why aren't you training?" He directed the question to Bella. "You wanted to make yourself useful. Mari gave you that opportunity. Why are you here?"