Chapter 16

When Saturday hit I had to tell Charlie that my plans had changed. He asked me if i wanted to join him and go fishing but i know he would be with his friends, drinking and talking about sports. Football, baseball, soccer, whatever. I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I also knew I could be a terror to be with when in a bad mood so i politely declined.

"Does that mean you're going to the dance instead? Did you ask Simon?"

I laughed, "no dad, i just don't feel up for stepping outside today. I'll be home. All day."

"Did something happen?"

"Honestly? I canceled. I got in a small argument with my escort and...welp, here i am." 

Charlie seemed upset, "what small argument? Who was this?" 

I tried to stifle a giggle watching him demand for information to the person he had to be annoyed with, "Edward Cullen. Literally we fought about nothing significant. Just something stupid. I mentioned somethings that he didn't appreciate and he mentioned somethings i didn't appreciate and... yup. Here i am. He was still willing to take me but I'm still peeved so."

"Edward Cullen. Dr Cullen's son right? You're not interested in him are you?"

"Heavens no."

"Is he?... to you?"

"Interested in me? Yes. Dad, i am a temptress here in Forks apparently. That makes four boys now that like me. One of which still tries and another i haven't officially turned down completely because he gets the hint."

Charlie glowered, "is Edward bothering you?"

"No dad. Out of the bunch he's the most respectful even when i don't deserve it. Ive been pretty mean to him." I muttered.

Dad set a hand on my shoulder, "if it's bothering you so much then make sure to apologize to him. Set your boundaries and be firm in them... but do so in a manner that you wouldn't regret."

His advice of the day that i i thought about for no more than five minutes after he left and slept the day away. Not getting up for food or entertainment and only reluctantly leaving when i needed the restroom but i did make a single phone call that had me planted on my bed permanently after it.

Sunday morning. 9 am. There was a banging on the front door. I hardly heard it under the mountains of pillows i was buried in. After my canceled plans yesterday and my lack of plans today i really thought that i would be able to sleep in and become one with my bed until i was forced to leave it Monday. 

In that time i called Renee and apologized to her for not calling more and not sharing more and not being more... being Bella that is. Not that i told her that part. She comforted me in the ways she would have comforted her daughter. With questions to figure out why i felt a certain way, how i could potentially fix any forms of problems (all based on what she thought the problems could be), with encouraging words and finally the lullaby. I thanked her for her time and couldn't bring myself to say i loved her because i have been so critical to her so far. 

I wanted to call Jessica and Angela to apologize for my behavior but i didn't think they'd want to hear from me on a day they should be happy. So i let that sit. Thinking maybe I'd call Sunday but now that it's morning i knew i wasn't going to call. An apology in person means more and whoever was at the fucking door is bound to piss me off again and an apology while I'm upset wouldn't be sincere.

The banging at the door got louder. A thump against my window came next. I shot out of bed. Pebbles were being thrown. I looked out and down below was Oliver and the Hawke brothers.  I opened the window cautiously. Leaning out enough to see them but not for them to see me.