Chapter 101

Dorian woke up the next morning. Slept long, throughout the night. By then, Simon had organized the clothes that were moved to the garage and cleaned up the studio which gave me plenty of time to paint in silence. He did come in every now and then but our conversation did swindle to nothing. Both of us agreeing that it was enough for the day. He had me sleep for a few hours until i got too frustrated to keep trying to stay asleep.

Then Simon slept so easily the moment he heard Dorian stir awake. His concern and my discomfort of sitting in silence while people were in my space was now something that we didn't have to worry about.

Dorian didn't offer much of companionship as all he really did was just sit in the room and play on a gameboy he had snatched from my display downstairs. Which was annoying since they weren't really for use even though they all functioned. I didn't say anything and I just finished a careful layer on the canvas. 

Only to offer him to go out to eat when I heard his stomach growl. He gave me a boyish grin and looked around for Simon but Simon was now probably asleep in the attic and there wasn't much that we could do about that now. I kept him awake long enough.

I tossed him his car keys and we hopped into his car much to his dismay. He had been eyeing Edward's favorite car, the Vanquish. 

"You alright with leaving him alone?" Dorian asked, his car sputtering to life. There was something wrong with the fuel system. Maybe I'll check it out for him. Better yet, maybe I should teach him how to check it himself. So if this happens again he could fix it. "I mean, you don't like anyone staying in your place."

"He's family," i said. "No vampire, no boyfriend, no runaway... okay."

Dorian looked back at the studio quickly and frowned. "So that's like your biological brother or something?"

"Yeah. Something like that. Don't we look alike?"

"I didn't want to assume just cuz your both albino. Sometimes people just stick with those that resemble themselves the most, you know."

"I know."

"You taught me that."

"I know."

"So... what's for breakfast?"

"We could eat at the reservation if you want to avoid Forks. Then we can talk to my dad for that job. I haven't called him so I'm sure he's wondering where I'm at."

He nodded. "Sounds good. One problem. I'm nearly out of gas and have no cash to my name." He gave me a stupid grin and held his hand out. "I need money."

I socked him on the arm, hard. He winced. "Am I paying for the meal too! Huh! You think I'm made out of money!"

"Well, yeah! Stop hitting me! Mom! Don't make me turn this car around!"

I slapped the back of his head. "Turn the car around! I'll fucking throw you to the curb immediately! Grab your shit and leave."

"Ugh, you're so mean... I'll pay you back. Rich bitch."

"Fuck you bro."

"I swear... if the others knew you like this," he sighed. "I'll pay you back. I ain't gonna free load."

"How much gas you got?"

"One way trip?" He muttered unsure. "Maybe we should go to the gas station first?"

I groaned and waved my hand in the air to indicate to just proceed to the gas station. He did. I never carried much money on me. So i had to pull out my bank card and pay forty for gas hoping that filled it up to the top and then we were on our way to the reservation.