Chapter 12

I am accustomed to situations where i don't have much power. I can see myself in all these moments and always a man at the center that becomes my source of fear. And i hate. Hate with a passion. I leaned into the men and kicked and thrashed and felt the hands tighten on my arms. Hands try to grab my legs. It's Lanny carrying this, i know. Some men backed off. This wasn't their scene. I do not condemn them. I just hate them. And i hate their weak will. I hate their lack of thought and lack of morals. I hate that i can still see them and they do not stop Lanny from grabbing my legs and sliding those hands up.

I slammed my head back feeling the hard contact of someones chin. He dropped me. I fell hard on the ground the impact leaving me breathless and legs still held by Lanny.

"What are you guys waiting-"

There was a knife to Lanny's throat and a car skidding loudly into the area. 

"Step away from her." 

My heart leaped in relief and tears immediately fought to fall but i would not cry. I would not cry and i would not be weak. I crawled back as he dropped my legs. Shoes not important to me and too close to the man to grab, i slowly made my way to my feet. 

"Get in!" I heard Edward snarl but i couldn't really register much of what i should be doing and was slowly dusting myself off to feel a sense of control. I smiled to Lanny.

"I see my boyfriend found us. Thank you for your assistance Mister. I had the most pleasant time. Simon, let's go." I said and reached for his hand.

Simon was a head shorter than Lanny, barely a few inches taller than me. He stepped around the man, the knife pressed firmly against his throat.

"Sorry I'm late." Simon said and looked back to where Edward had gotten out of the car. I grabbed Simons hand. It was time to go.

We walked back slowly and i set my free hand against Edward's chest and failed to push him back. "Edward." I whispered, "Edward, please."

Edward looked down at me. There was a hard edge to his eyes that traveled from those men and to the hand i held. We all got into the car. Simon gladly taking the back seat and pulling me in with him. Edward drove off and i wanted him to just run them all over and knowing he wouldn't because he was a better person that i was.

Simon held my hand again and i squeezed it tightly to convey what i wouldn't allow my face to show. I am scared. I am vulnerable. I am on the verge of screaming and crying and clawing at the skin where i felt their hands on me. It was disgusting. And it was humiliating. And it was shameful. And i hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

"Are you okay?" I asked leaning forward to set a hand on Edward's shoulder. He flinched. Jaw clenched. His mind probably racing, i don't remember of what exactly but i know that most of it involved Lanny dying. I would agree with him. Agree and disagree. 

"No." Edward said. I let go of Simon's hand so i could crawl over to the front seat, "What are you doing!" He practically yelled.

"Keeping you company. Duh." I said and put on my seat belt.

He didn't say anything after. Letting the statement sink in. I brushed my skirt flat on my legs and tugged it down a bit. My legs where dirty from where i fell on the floor but luckily no blood. My palms were much the same. Red and probably homes to future bruises but no blood.

It could have been worse. I have gone through worse. This is nothing, i tell myself. This is nothing.

But it was more than what i was expecting. I peek at Simon that watched me intently from behind.

"Bella?"

"Yes?" I responded to Edward. Light. Casual.

"Are you alright?" He asked.