Chapter 56

October 31, 2006 fell on a Tuesday.

Alice and I took a full week, drafting multiple designs for the suit. We had multiples in black and red, blue and pink, navy and salmon. The flowers changes from roses, tulips, hydrangeas etc.. The shirt, Alice decided on silk to be a little extra, in multiple colors to see what matched up safety with the suit. 

I had an outing with the girls. Rose, Esme and Alice drove me around Port Angeles, then Seattle and even Portland in search for the one perfect blue scarf. While the others went around buying absolutely anything they wanted.

How nice it must be to be rich.

By the end of the day we couldn't find the proper shade of blue so Alice and Rose decided to make it themselves, so they went fabric hunting. Sending me pictures of blue fabrics until I found the perfect one. Esme worked on an embroidery designs to put on the scarf. 

Alice took care of my shirt and jacket (decided to buy new ones) so she can customize slits in the back. She wanted the full drastic affects of red wings and tail against the blandness of the rest of the outfit. She said the wings was mandatory.

I was putting them on now with Emmett's help. He held up the massive things onto my back while Rosalie strapped on a modified safety harness that strapped around my torso and crotch area. She sighed and then strapped on the wings onto the harness. The weight of the things tilted me back for a moment. I leaned my body forward and rolled my shoulders to properly carry the weight.

"How does it feel?" Rosalie asked.

Emmett came around no longer behind me to support the wings in case I fell back.  "Badass," he said with a grin on his face. 

I tried a step forward, "difficult but not impossible."

"It's the lightest we could make them," Emmett said, "it could be that the mechanical pieces we installed in them is throwing you off balance."

"I think it's fine," Rosalie said, "Edward will make sure you won't fall. Alright Emmett, take them off. She needs to dress now."

Emmett held back on the wings and Rose unstrapped me. Her fingers grazed across the areas the harness sat on, "you might have some bruising from the wings."

I shrugged, "that's fine. They're wonderfully made and I'll be honored to wear them... You'll have to teach me how you made them."

Rose smiled, smug with herself, "sure, we'll have plenty of time for that once we move."

I searched for Esme so she could help me do my makeup and hair. I couldn't commit to cutting and dyeing my hair. I didn't think Bella would appreciate it if I took that liberty. Esme was found in her artist room. Apparently in the new house I would be having my own space where all of my artistic hobbies would be stored in and I could work by myself whenever I pleased. 

"Are you sure you don't want to walk around with us?" I asked Esme. 

The ever constant warm smile on her face softened, "I'm sure Edward would love to have you to himself."

"He wouldn't oppose either."

She nodded, "He's a good boy. Very considerate and I want him to enjoy his time... the way he'd like it. Besides, I have prepared to pop in on Carlisle while he's at work. Im baking treats for the staff."

I went looking for Rosalie so she can help me with the harness again. She was in the garage. 

"I'm going to show you how you move them," she said, "it's not an automatic machine. It's actually operated by a very simple pulley. Here," — she pointed at the base of the machine that would sit around the middle of my back— "you pull here, you might feel a small tug on your back, and it would cause the wings to open and close, slightly. We don't need you hurting anyone other than yourself."