Chapter 13

I wasn't planning on having a deep conversation with Edward in the car. I allowed enough of this moment to play out.

 I turned on the heater as he started the trip back home. I hadn't avoided the talk completely, not that i was trying to avoid it all that much but he was in that phase where he just wanted to tell me everything. I could call it that right? A phase?

If i were to think about it. Edward and I didn't have much in common. I liked the modern things. Even when i appreciated the older stuff my preference is in the modern. His connection to things that Bella liked were based on her love and appreciation on older literature. Based on facts of their love to each other and nothing more, that i am aware of at least. 

What do i have in common with Edward Cullen. Absolutely nothing.

Except maybe our similar method in pushing and pulling at a person.

"I'm curious." Edward began. I watched the speedometer slowly rise to the hundreds. I clutched my seat as he drove. "... when I asked you for a theory."

"You're doing that thing again." I accused before he continued. "I'm your friend or I'm not, you either want me to know or you don't. You don't get to flip flop like this. It's unfair to me."

I closed my eyes so i wouldn't see the road rush passed me by. I got nauseous and my heart was beating like crazy. 

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I shook my head and leaned flat against my seat. "You're just driving too fast. I'm going to go to sleep now, so i don't have to deal with it."

"You're perfectly safe."

"No matter." I found the recliner and leaned the seat back. Eyes squeezed tight. "Don't talk to me"

Edward sighed and slowed the car down, "is that better?"

"I said don't talk to me."

"We won't get into an accident. Ive never been in an accident."

"Good for you." I said, "I've been in plenty of accidents. I don't like it. Let the car crawl. Go at the speed of twenty and we can talk."

"I hate driving slow." He muttered.

I sighed and reluctantly sat back up. But the scenery was moving now at a reasonable ish pace. He was going at sixty. I grumbled and stayed up. I wanted him to go slower. But the drive was smooth. I knew i would be safe. My faith in him was terrifying. 

"Happy?" He asked.

"No."

He was annoyed as he lowered the sixty to a fifty. "I just want to know what you know. So let me hear a theory." He took a deep breathe, "A monster theory." He forced himself to say.

"It doesn't matter because i don't care and since i don't care it doesn't matter."

"Humor me." He said. "I won't laugh."

"You'll get mad." I grumbled. He flashed me a smile and i rolled my eyes. "Cullen used Dazzle. Dazzle failed."

"I promise i won't get mad."

"I didn't expect you to be so anxious for me to figure it out. After all the effort i did to not figure it out when you asked me not to."

He sighed and kept looking forward. There wasn't much light on the road and each turn or sudden vehicle made me jump in my seat. Driving isn't my thing. I don't really like it. Unless it was Charlie or Simon taking me, i didn't really trust others to drive me. It was nice that Jessica and Angela allowed me to sleep on the way to Port Angeles but Edward wouldn't do that.