Chapter 10

They were not human. Augie and Simon didn't elaborate more until we got into Grace's house that was the complete opposite of the goth image Oliver had painted for me the day before. It was bright and frilly and full of yellows and sky blues.

Unfortunately her parents were there. Two rather pompous individuals that scrutinized my dad top crop top and now additional dad pants, cinched with a belt that i had to drill a new hole into. Scrunched up their nose of Simon's minimal effort black leather jacket over pajamas and i swear practically fainted over the sight of Augie. 

We stayed for dinner and Oliver came around to join us. We couldn't talk really for the majority of the visit but once we were allowed into Grace's room they had a few minutes to settle somethings.

And they were taking lead.

"Who are you?" Grace asked.

"What are you?" Augie added.

Oliver snorted, "why are you?"

I looked between them and didn't quite know how to answer. "You first." I said.

And they were hesitant. So we stayed in that room trying to dance around the the questions. They weren't human. So i was trying to figure out what they were because they weren't vampires and they weren't werewolves (body temperature isn't high enough to feel like a fever). Did any other supernatural creature exist in the Twilight realm? Besides the damphyr. 

"I'm Izzy." I said. Not confident in answering Isabella and most definitely not the Bella. "Who are you?"

"This is harder than I thought it would be," Grace groaned, "okay, all or nothing. I was reborn into this world. Were you reborn too?"

"Not really?" I didn't quiet know. After all, i don't think that i died. 

"Very mysterious." Oliver hummed, "I've been reincarnated here. Grace and Theo are transmigrated. Augie and Simon got beamed and you?" He tried to assess me.

"I didn't die if that's what you're asking." I said unsure, "but i didn't get... beamed or anything either. Do you guys know how this happened and if there's a way back?" I hope my voice sounded and even and not desperate. I had given up the thought.

They looked at each other then, "Izzy, there's no way back." Oliver tucked air behind his ear always forgetting how short his hair actually is, "this is it."

Simon set a hand on my shoulder. Maybe he realized that for a spit moment i was hoping.

Grace shook her head and opened her mouth to say something, maybe to change the topic. Maybe to provide insight somewhere or clarify something. Like how long they've been here and how much they know or what they were planning on doing now, if they were planning anytihing that is. But her mother popped in with patience wearing thin. The clear aggression on the woman's face smoothed over to a polite cheer.

"It's getting late. Your friends have to leave. It's a school day tomorrow." The mother said and left the room.

Simon rolled his head back, stretching out until his back popped a bit. His arm went over my shoulders and he rested his head on mine, "we can trust her Grace."

"I know that." Grace defended herself, "I just... what does that mean for the rest of the future that we know of if the main girl is like us? Isn't that worrisome?"

"We'll talk more later." Oliver said, "for now it's nice to know that we don't have to lie to Izzy anymore."

That was a positive way to look at it, "not pretending sounds great."