Chapter 36: The Yellow King's Inquisitive Pursuit

I will make myself very clear. I am a fan of Akame ga Kill and I liked it for being this darkest and edgiest anime or manga where the plot revolves around the main characters being assassins fighting against the corrupt Empire in tons of epic fight scenes, violence and gore, character deaths and.....

Okay, but I'll be honest, it ain't exactly perfect. The plot is cliche, the morality between is not grey, it is unknown to who or what you want to root for, it is utterly melodramatic and overly serious while even if it showed off it's humour, it just comes across as force, the villains are all boring with their one-dimensional personalities of being this evil people you want to hate and not miss when they are killed and overall, it seemed that the creator is trying really, really hard to create the most edgiest of anime without some intriguing plot and art to give in to and at the end of the anime or manga, it kind of leave fans with a sense of bittersweet at best to just tired of all the dark and misery at their back and call.

None can basically describe it all then the Fans who made their own Akame ga Kill stories on either Wattpad, Fanfiction.Net and Archive of Our Own and it just involves something that either someone is trying to be an edgelord, someone being overly pretentious with some form of morality and barely anything to actually trying to root to who is who.

Some authors do tried to root against Night Raid but this just makes Night Raid comes across as overly stupid as they foolishly attack someone that could be the key to the victory against the Empire.

Some authors try out joining the Empire and as much as they try to make the alliance the 'villains' of the story to be more sympathetic and likable, it is still hard to when after seeing the first episode of a family torturing people in their shed and the infamous chapter where a dog raped a girl alongside the fact that the first episode kind of spoils the many atrocities that the Empire committed, it is really, really hard.

Bar none the most egregious is the shipping with Esdeath. Make no mistake. I love Esdeath. She is beautiful, awesome, charismatic and didn't become the 'Empire's Strongest' for nothing. What detest me, however, is her lack of development or trying to move away from her 'strong lives, weak dies' mentality and how her romance is more akin to treating her partner like a pet or someone to inherit her philosophy then any genuine love and if a certain fanfic where Tatsumi has become Esdeath's lover is anything to go, suffice to say that it isn't pretty.

Realistically, this means that the anime does not give favourites or any form of plot armour and could be realistic. 'Could be' is the word as by and large, it just feels like the anime or manga is just throwing them on the grinder because it had no idea what to do with the characters and just wants to show more sense of shock value, sadness and cynicism all around.

Overall, the idea would be kind of great. The writing of it all, however, is just doing it in the wrong way possible and the creator is just being pretentious and thinking what he is making is being smart but in reality, it just comes across as confusing.

And every author of the Akame ga Kill fan site seemed eager to follow it all like as if to even think of differentiating it would be to tarnishing it's perfection, never mind that in the world of fans who wants to make a fanfiction, a story and being a good writer, it is pretty much to try to actually deviant from the canon to create something better where the plot holes are filled, previously unlikable characters become more likable, the plot is more engaging and the characters are more likable.

Why am I ranting this?

Well, someone needs to listen to my rants and gives me the chance to finish the chapter and if I can finish this just so you could read this, then I will.