Chapter 38: The Fallen Children Against the Five Bands

The continuation from the previous chapter because I don't want to have it all gone to waste and while I would have tried to continue in the previous chapter, it feels like they are borderline hard to put a lot of words in one chapter.

I don't know, dude. I mean, sure it is limitless to put too many words in the chapter but if I do that, it would be a massive slow burner. I mean, it is good if the chapter becomes much, much longer to read but after the seriously questionable story that is 'Destroyer Falls' by 'StoryTyrant11', I no longer had the tolerance to torture my readers with such a massive slog fest.

Sure, I am proud on the fact that I actually did perfectly there in the previous chapter and it was kind of cool but now, I believe I should give the chapter a break and give some sort of 'cut away' to the overall story.

You know what I mean, right? In any case, let's get right in to the story.

Disclaimer: I do not own Akame ga Kill and Overlord (2012). They belong to their respective owners.
_____________________________________________

"FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!" Scalper said in sheer terror as he tried to avoid the flaming projectiles as he continued to run as fast as he possibly can before looking at a window of a building and jump inside it.

Scalper groan from the glass splintering on his bare body but he closed his mouth as he get under the table and stopped screaming as the forces of the Tartarus Empire are finally out of sight.

Seeing that their shadows ran past the window he just throw himself, he can only sweat in fear as he is shivering in fear. Then when there are no shadows inbound, Scalper can only gritted his teeth, saying in frustration as he slammed his fist on the floor, quietly saying, "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! What the fuck is happening!?"

Scalper groan as he gets out from the under the table as he is holding himself while trying to take out a piece of glass from his body, gritting his teeth as he takes them out, one by one.

"Is this really happening? Is this really fucking happening!?" He said, again in frustration at the humiliation he is feeling.

Scalper remembered the day when he earned his title as the Butcher of Daiken, during his days as a mercenary hired by General Gravel before becoming an official member of the 97th Regiment up until his first official membership is to violate a woman that they had captured.

And Scalper did it not only willingly but also sadistically is what earned Scalper the membership to become a part of the 97th Regiment, becoming his lieutenant where he alongside the other Band of Five, have fun raping, pillaging and burning in the glorious name of the Empire.

He had the time of his life.

And now, it was all ruined when the Tartarus Empire came along. Like Gravel, Scalper just laughed at some stupid nation or kingdom or whatever they are called to even think of invading the Empire.

They both know that the Empire had spanned countless generations that remained the uncontested superpower in the land. What makes them think that it would even fall.

Even if the evidence showcase how many Imperial Outposts were all being taken or destroyed or liberated by the Tartarus Empire, he just thought that they were only facing small fries and they haven't face off someone like 97th Regiment, specifically General Gravel and the Band of Five.

But, once he was eager to see the terror in the faces of these new enemies, having been ready to sharpened his claws at this foolish invaders.

Then when they finally invade, he was the one that sport all the sheer terror possible and all Scalper can do now is to run and hide from something that were all ripped straight from a fantasy fiction.