Chapter 39: The Dark Haunter Strikes Again

Welcome to another chapter of my Akame ga Kill fan story's most quantity of pages, courtesy of how I have found my interest to it all, actually.

Now, with that out of the way, let's get right in to the story.

Disclaimer: I do not own Akame ga Kill and Overlord (2012). They belong to their respective owners.

Enjoy.
_____________________________________________

An almost good and wonderful morning bask into the Capital of the Empire itself...

And while 'almost' is the word, the Empire seemed to be at relative peace despite the ongoing civil war and rampant corruption in it.

Seryu Ubiquitous, an officer of the Imperial Police and secretly, the Night Haunter, is now doing her daily activities of patrolling the city and seeing the sights on things as she watched the citizens were all minding their own business, discussing their stuff and amongst the many things as they all shown to be happy and all.

Seryu seemed to be happy looking at this as she is busy tugging on Koro on the road. Her 'friend' on the other hand, "It is a shame that I have not sense any sort of misery in this part of the city. The senses of their anger, their hatred and their loathing. I may not know or comprehend one as powerful as a Demon Lord such as Asmodeus but why does he want this humans to be.... happy?" Orthax asked in disgust.

"Maybe because Asmodeus had a heart?" Seryu said to him in their telepathic mind together.

"Well, it doesn't matter now. All that matters is what is our next target, Seryu Ubiquitous?" Asked Orthax in an impatient tone.

"I'm thinking. I'm thinking." Seryu assured the demon in her hand as she thought of her whole situation.

Seryu had done herself a favour as the infamous vigilante in the Empire known as the Dark Haunter who prowls in the darkness of the night and hunt down the many criminals and corrupt people at every opportunity in the most gruesome way possible.

And to say that the Imperial Police were having trouble taking their job seriously is an understatement. Once, the Police Officers were all content to just sit back, relax and enjoying the authority they have by taking bribes and all that.

But after the many nobles and connected criminal gangs were all being killed wholeheartedly, the need for a competent police force are at an all time high and seriously, they have no idea how to handle such a thing.

Then again, this was after Seryu heard them talking about her behind her back. Ranging between how they thought of her as an annoying justice spewing bitch who is such an idiot, a violent pet of Ogre or other stuff that they say that they were glad she is blind because they can do whatever they want, even if they can do something right in front of them, Seryu gritted her teeth at how she doesn't even have a good standing with her fellow police officers.

It pains her on being reminded as a monstrous weapon who is blind to the overall corruption of the Empire and sees everything in 'Black and White'...

Actually, correction, 'Black and White' with little compromise because looking at herself back then, she realized how monstrous she looked before.

She mulled in regret that even if her condition was the result of Honest and Dr. Stylish's actions of brainwashing and psycho conditioning to her, she is still looked at herself before as a horrible monster who doesn't know any better and sees herself as too justified in the name of justice.

She scoffed at the word of that...

'Justice'.

If the Empire show of justice that involves bribery, prosecution of the innocent and constant warfare, she had none of that.