Chapter 14: The Equalizer of Death

I do not own Akame ga Kill or Overlord (2012). They belong to their respective owners.

Enjoy.
_____________________________________________

"You have seen what?"

That is what Najenda had said about the group returning from their mission.

"Yes, boss. We just saw what appears to be monsters... I don't know if they're Danger Beasts or not... Just suddenly during a public execution and rampage everyone there..." Mine explained, clearly being shocked the situation.

Najenda light up her cigarette as she contemplate on the news.

"This is a very grave news. Whoever have got these creatures, whether they are Danger Beasts or not, into the Capital is very grave indeed. Question on whether the Empire is a very bad place to live or not, there is no denying that they keep the people safe, however you called it that, and keep the Danger Beasts away." Najenda explained, "So to see that they are here is a very troubling news."

"Is it possible that there are nobles who had captured a Danger Beasts and just underestimate it before it free themselves from their captivity?" Lubbock said.

"No, because as corrupt as the Empire are, they would never let a Danger Beasts into their Capital. It is too dangerous and I can't believe I am about to say this, even Honest of all people isn't that stupid enough to take any Danger Beasts into the Capital." Najenda explained, "So, are there anymore news?"

Najenda then saw Tatsumi raised his hand up, "Yes, Tatsumi."

"Well.... Uhm... I did saw one of the creatures just killed people. Some of which looked like it is a really awful way to go that I don't think they're Danger Beasts. I mean, they looked less beast-like than what I know..." Tatsumi said, being repulsed by the memory of his victims being killed horribly, "But... I just saw them rescued people from the cross?"

"What?" Najenda simply said, "You need to tell me that these things rescued people from a public execution?"

"I cannot believe I am about to say this but the newbie is right..." Tatsumi give a glare at Mine at being called, 'a newbie', "...but I saw them rescued people from those that were nailed on a cross and throw them into a portal or something."

"A WHAT!?" All of Night Raid, minus those who are at the scene, Akame who just had a much more calmer expression and Thirteenth, who is just minding his own business, exclaimed together.

"THESE THINGS CREATE PORTALS!?" Lubbock exclaimed in shock.

"Does that mean they can even appear in our base too?" Sheele said, sounding frightened.

As she said this, everyone looked around in terror at the possibility that one of those things will appear at their base without Lubbock noticing them.

The only one that hardly fears them is Thirteenth, who just crossed his arms and just scoffed, 'So, it seems that master had finally sent the Hell Stalkers to the Capital. Night Raid shouldn't worry about it. They are under the control of the Supreme Lord of the Nine Hells and through his wisdom, Night Raid will be spared.' He thought.

"Alright, enough. We will handle these new creatures later. Right now, we have a mission to complete." Najenda said before showing the picture of a man, "These is Iokal, a distant relative of the prime minister Honest. Using his connection, he had kidnapped any young woman and even beat them to death. The guards with him are also guilty so it is imperative that the target must die. Understand."

"Yes, boss." All of Night Raid said with Thirteenth just gives a grunt of affirmation.
____________________________________________

Finally on their mission, Tatsumi showed himself sitting on a tree with a binocular on his eyes, looking through Iokal's mansion.