🍋Chapter 28: The Deal & the New Relationship

I do not own Akame ga Kill and Overlord (2012). They belong to their respective owners.

Enjoy.
____________________________________________

"And that is the deal, Prime Minister Chouri. And I assure you, this will be beneficial to us both." Asmodeus said as he is sitting down alongside Chouri and Spear in their own home.

After Asmodeus had saved the former Prime Minister and his daughter from Wild Hunt, they were then go home to their mansion and let the Supreme Lord of the Nine Hells to dine with them.

Then Asmodeus is now having a discussion with the former Prime Minister and his eyes get widened in shock at what Asmodeus just said.

"You need to tell me that you are going to usurped our Emperor from his throne and you want my help?" Chouri asked in a shocked tone to Asmodeus.

"Yes." Asmodeus said simply as he then grabbed a cup of tea and drinks.

"Pre-preposterous... And what makes you think I would help you with this treason against the Empire?" Chouri said in aghast tone.

"Obviously, it's because your Empire has become a corrupted cesspool of crimes and villainy. Tell me, what makes you think you would come into the Empire and let Honest know of your arrival? Even you of all people, are not blind on Honest's desperate need to maintain his power. And even if you have the protection of your daughter... well, the results spoke otherwise, correct?" Asmodeus explained as Chouri continue to glare but doesn't respond.

"There are other ways to attain peace without ceaseless bloodshed. I know of you, Asmodeus. How you are an Emperor of the Tartarus Empire that will invade the Capital. And I cannot stand by and watch you committed all these atrocities for power." Chouri said to him.

"Sometimes sacrifice has to be made in order to be granted peace and prosperity. Besides, Honest and his ilk have reaped what they sow by abusing their position without any thought of the consequences they have committed. And I am that consequences." Asmodeus said firmly to the former Prime Minister.

"I served under Emperor Makoto's father, he would not want to see his empire torn apart by needless warfare and bloodshed." Chouri said firmly again to the Demon King.

"Really? Was that before or after he's nothing more than a dead man?" Asmodeus said bluntly making Chouri glare at Asmodeus.

"How dare you? Who do you think you are to say such things?" Chouri said in anger at Asmodeus' words.

Asmodeus is hardly phased by his anger before he nonchalantly put his cup on the table and calmly said, "I am Asmodeus. Supreme Lord of the Nine Hells and ruler of the Tartarus Empire. And like it or not, I am your people's last hope. I make no attempts to hide the fact that I am a demon. I kill. I murder. I manipulate. I am considered far more evil than all you humans will ever comprehend. And that is okay." Asmodeus said before he stands and declared, "I am a demon, no doubt about it. But I am above of such petty acts of cruelty and decadence. I have the ambition, the strength and the power and through my rule, I can make the Empire far better and much more powerful that it was before being ruled by a puppet and a fat pig who cares only about being lazy and shit around his room like the pig he is." Asmodeus declared to the former Prime Minister as he still glare at him.

"In that case, will you let Honest answer for all of his crimes?" Chouri asked him.

Asmodeus just stare at him with an impassive look before saying, "Fuck that." He said, much to Chouri's shock, "After all he has committed in the name of debauchery and cruelty, you still want to do this the 'right way', right?" Asmodeus said, empathising the words in a mocking manner, "Honestly, I pity you."