Chapter 11: Demon Emperor and Death Incarnate

Why is all Overlord FanFic's are so bad at telling a story anyway? Maybe it's just me being annoyed by how... I don't know.... It's just... Inconsistent.

I mean, people say that they disliked Ainz and his NPC's for being over the top evil and people try to root the antagonist to try to win and knock them out of their high thrones.

And yet, people still like them anyway. It's just inconsistent that's all. I mean, take Katsuki Bakugou for example. Sure, people hate him for being an unrepentant asshole with no excuse and yet, fans still like him but the stories that bashed him show otherwise.

Overall, I mean, seriously. Make up your goddamned minds, humans. But I digress. That is just my opinion and let's go with that.

Anyway, on with the story.
_____________________________________________

"Hmph, Thirteenth? What's with that outfit anyway?"

That is what Asmodeus said for the first time as he looked at Thirteenth wearing what can be described as a plague doctor costume.

"Please, forgive me for such a ridiculous display. I just found this uniform and I thought I could... well 'spice things up a bit', as you say." Thirteenth said in reason.

"Nonsense. I appreciate if my creation show such an interest and hobbies. It gives me pride of how much my creation has grown." Asmodeus said.

"Your words shouldn't give for a being like me but I thank you regardless. But what are you doing here? Is your home-"

"It is fine. It is still fine. The three girls are still busy with the magic I have showed them."
_____________________________________________

Meanwhile, at the forest....

"WAAAAAAHHHHHH!" Fal screamed at the top of her lungs.

"WHY DID YOU EVEN THINK THAT WAS A GREAT IDEA ANYWAY?" Luna screamed at her.

"HOW WAS I SUPPOSE TO KNOW THAT MAGIC TURNED THE CUTE BUNNY INTO A MONSTER!" Fal screamed.

"WHAT KIND OF SPELL ARE YOU EVEN USING?" Luna yelled at her.

"WHO CARES! JUST RUN!" Air screamed too as they ran at the forest to run away from gigantic mutated rabbit that is hopping and chasing the girls down.

Only to be killed by the Pain Engine who jumped on top of it and grind the thing to paste.

The three girls finally stopped running as they pant and looked at their guardian crushing the mutated rabbit with merciless intent.

"I... I am forever traumatised... about this.... Heeeehhh..." Air said as she faints.

Fal and Luna looked at the fainted Air who is now looking completely knocked out as Luna glare at Fal.

"Your... fault..." Luna said to her.

"Oh.... Shut up..." Fal countered back.
_____________________________________________

Meanwhile, back at the ruined camp...

"Yup, they're fine." Asmodeus said matter of factly, "So, how have you been at the Empire? Has Night Raid been giving you problems?"

"Hardly, my Emperor. Forgive me for questioning you but why am I forced to ally myself with these sorry excuses of assassins? They are inferior to the likes of me. What makes it worse is that they are a bunch of short lived mortal humans." Thirteenth complained.

"It is because I am in need of them, Thirteenth. These mortals are fighting against the corrupt Empire and better to have allies than enemies." Asmodeus reasoned.