Chapter 12: Let Death Bring Eternal Damnation

I do not own Akame ga Kill and Overlord (2012). They belong to their respective owmers.

Enjoy.
____________________________________________

"So, what are we doing here again?"

That is what Tatsumi asked as he, alongside, Sayo and Ieyasu, are all at the training ground alongside the other Night Raid members.

"With the indication that Thirteenth has gotten a Teigu from his target, it is time for one of you to use it." Najenda explained, bringing in the sword with teeth.

"I don't understand. Can't you guys use it?" Sayo asked.

"A person can only use one Teigu at a time. Even if it is possible, it is extremely taxing due to sapping away a person's stamina." Lubbock explained.

"So, you're giving it to us... Why?" Tatsumi questioned.

"To see if one of you three would wield it. The Teigu chooses who is the wielder. If they aren't, it will reject them. It they do, then they are it's new wielder." Najenda explained.

"So, what is thing's name again?" Ieyasu said, poking at the sword that had finally been planted to the ground.

"From what I can hear however..." Thirteenth said, standing from the porch and far away from the others, "My target called it, The Beheader: Kraken. A sword with a sharp blade as well as the ability to make it sharper, capable of cutting through anything...." Thirteenth's face looked rather annoyed, "....and brighter too."

"Really? Let's see." Ieyasu said, grabbing the sword in his hand.

"Damned it, Ieyasu. Would you think first before you do something? What if it's dangerous?" Sayo screeched at him.

"It doesn't, Sayo. What it can do is just making the wielder feel something funny and that's it. Nothing dangerous." Najenda explained, "Regardless of that..." Najenda then looked at him, "So, Ieyasu... do you feel anything?"

Ieyasu then swing the Teigu around with one hand with little effort, "Uhm... Nothing much. I mean, I don't feel anything. Is it broken?" Ieyasu said.

"Nope...." Najenda said as she gives a smile, "I believe that the Teigu has chosen you as it's wielder."

"Really? Oh yeah...." Ieyasu yelled out with a cheer as he fist pump into the air with his new weapon.

"Careful with that. It's not a toy." Mine said to him but Ieyasu ignored her.

"Oh man, why is Ieyasu get one while I don't?" Tatsumi said sadly.

"Don't worry, we'll get one too. I'm sure of it." She said assuringly as she pat his back.

"So, how do I make it glow-" His thoughts is interrupted when Lubbock's gloves began to turned.

"Guys, stopped. I think I sense intruders approaching our base." Lubbock stated.

"What? In broad daylight?" Sheele asked.

"From what I could tell, I think there are twenty people." Lubbock stated.

"If they sniffed us out, then they must be trained mercenaries." Najenda said as she light her cigar. "Well, guess it's time to put that Teigu to good use, Ieyasu. We can't let any of them escape or they will give away our location."

"Let them come...." A deep and dark voice is heard as, to Night Raid's shock and even bewilderment, Thirteenth is wearing a costume reminiscent of a plague doctor as his whole body started spewing black smoke and carrying his scythe aloft, "None shall escape Death itself."