Chapter 35: Asmodeus' Reminiscent of his Past in YGGDRASIL

Okay, so, I guess I am gonna say this and say that I apologize for the lack of update but between... well... me lacking any inspiration on making a story, I had been gone on a very long hiatus right about now and I don't exactly have a lot of ideas in store for me to actually continue this story.

But I finally did and that involves one thing: How about we try to give Asmodeus a past during his time playing YGGDRASIL and finally, some other people that he had been playing with.

His friends, at least. Just like Ainz aka Momonga with his friends, so to is Asmodeus with his own friends.

And many fan works of Overlord (2012) are shown to be making stories in regards towards having Momonga get joined by his friends, replacing Momonga with one of his friends or maybe an OC because why not.

So, why can't I do something like this?

And for the most part, this is a direct inspiration from Dungeons and Dragons' Devils that is explained by SteelySam which is where I take inspiration from which is, I don't know if Dungeons and Dragons is the first or second work that deals with fantasy but there are some races and monsters in D&D that are all exotic and underrated and after popular races and monsters are being likewise used like humans (obviously), elves, orcs, trolls, halflings, giants or ones that are noteworthy and popular, I thought about giving focus to other races that seemed to be underrated.

That and the only reason I write this stories and making author's message on a lot of this was because I need to rant. I could have tried to do a conversation but then, that is the beauty part. You have to finish making the story first before you give all your rants around and if you think your rants are utterly awful, then there is a chance to get rid of it.

Case in point is the fact that Velma, a show that stars Velma as an unsympathetic and unlikable Mindy Kaling self insert, is not the first to do such an act.

There is a comic that stars Starfire's daughter and is named, 'I am not Starfire' right here...

Or the many WOKE characters out there...

Look, I get self inserts... They are the manifestation of our ability to escape ourselves into our imagination. In fact, I made self inserts as an escapist character for all readers to put their shoes on.

If you want to put your shoes on a selfless and idealistic hero? Good.

If you want to put your shoes on a despicable villain who had a massive sex drive for wanting to fuck all the pretty girls and be an irredeemable and unrepentant monster? Good.

The latter comes from the fact that you admit that you will make a character that is borderline not-so-heroic and yet, at the very least, are still.... well.... 'likable' than the protagonist of 'I am Not Starfire' and 'Velma' because by and large, they are unlikable assholes and yet, the author expect the readers to sympathize with them.