Chapter 43: The Jaegers and the Seven Virtuous Champions

And now, it is time to give the 'villains' a chance to shine. I just said that because the Jaegers are probably the only grey characters in the anime, due to the fact that they aren't evil. And in this timeline, they are much more good than even Night Raid which, I guess I got to admit considering how they at least they are unambiguous in their moral high ground.

Wave is just a sailor boy that is like Tatsumi who is just naive and loyal.

Bols is just a family haunted by his actions and is sincerely a good man who regret his actions and doesn't the harm comes to his family.

Seryu is more or less complicated in this story as a ruthless vigilante but still, less of a fanatical zealot than the original.

Kurome is just brainwashed and drugged.

Run is also a nice guy even if he is way out of his depth in terms of politics.

Esdeath.... Yeah, she's evil but hey, she is still good in her own way and if there is one that is evil yet deeply admired (and aroused), it's Esdeath.

Dr. Stylish, on the other hand, should go do himself a good favour and suffer because if you haven't noticed the previous chapter, Dr. Stylish is the only one that I ain't going to spare at all.

But the Jaegers, it is time for these new faction that will be working alongside them.

So, here it is.

Disclaimer: I do not own Akame ga Kill and Overlord (2012). They belong to their respective owners.

Enjoy.
_____________________________________________

The Jaegers....

That is what they were called as the Empire's security force led by none other than General Esdeath herself.

And in her old ways, Seryu would have feel honoured at being one of the best the Empire has to offer, even being considered of becoming a member of its elite fighting force.

Now, she is not exactly sure if she can feel about this especially by her obviously less than stellar view of the truth of the Empire.

Still, while she might no longer has any reception or even loyalty to the Empire, she is still dedicated towards protecting the people and maybe, this could possibly be a chance to change from within, however it is necessary.

Then she meet up with her comrades in arms.

First, there is Wave and she noticed on how much he is basically a country bumpkin who is naive and inexperienced yet also a normal guy. She had once greeted him in their first meeting and when she used her ability to see through the memory, she is honestly surprised that Wave is an honestly good person with all the ideal and honour of what it means to be a soldier of the Empire.

Seryu felt to be admired by such a character but again, she does see him as somewhat naive about what the Empire is truly is. And she thought that if Wave were to see what the Empire is truly are, she doesn't know if he is willing to betray it in order to reform it or try to reform it from within, however fruitless that idea was.

Next is Bols and she does feel somewhat conflicted about him. Even she admits that the guy is kind of creepy with someone wearing a gas mask and she also noticed that he is a member of the Incineration Squadron, infamous for their ability to burn anything until nothing is left but ash and cinders.

She should feel angry at working together with a remorseless psychopath but when Bols finally speaks, he is shown to be rather kind and when she shakes his hand in order to activate her ability, she found out that he is also a family man with a wife and daughter that he cared deeply for.