Author's Note: Explanation - The Evil Virtue of Asmodeus

So how goes the previous chapter? My best work, isn't it? Well, regardless...

This will be where Asmodeus will finally saved some villagers from the Empire scum...

Because overall, he is a noble demon of standards and affable nature. I mean, who said evil had to hated.

And the tropes of Hate Sink seemed to muddle in the bushes when even this supposedly unlikable characters are also much more interesting than a supposed likable characters.

Maybe it's their charm.

Maybe it's their awesomeness.

Maybe it's their moments of sympathy.

Maybe it's their virtue despite their evil.

And compared to all the villains of Akame ga Kill who are... just boring, one-note and pathetic villains showing little in the way of redeeming qualities, likable traits, having unintentionally unsympathetic qualities and just being annoying in general is in comparison to Asmodeus, a self proclaimed demon lord and a literal demon behind his human skin barring his ears and red eyes and is supposed to be the embodiment of all that is evil yet, not only is he more noble than even a human but also more virtuous than them such as:

• Ambition: While Ambition is Evil, Asmodeus is a demon lord who is only starting his ambition to conquer the Empire to become it's true emperor while the Akame ga Kill villains were all have achieved their ambition and has made them complacent and weak, caring only their personal agendas instead of something grand in the scheme of things.

• Camaraderie: Asmodeus is genuinely caring about both his creation and even his allies despite being a demon lord while the the Empire hardly cares about each other except only if it convenience. While the likes of Jaegers nonetheless bonded with each other as comrades, when differing views appear, even they have a hard time with each other with black, grey and white are fighting one another.

• Cooperation: Not only is Asmodeus a genuine benevolent boss, he has no qualms getting help from his allies and especially him saving them in return, making him trustworthy despite being a demon lord while the Empire have little in the way of cooperation aside from being convenient with each other.

• Creativity: The Empire, for all its resources and manpower, do little except conquering others, bully others and making them well fed and eternally happy as both Night Raid and the Revolutionary Army have only scarce manpower and resources. Asmodeus put his army and resources to good use, filled to the brim with magic weaponry, a magical teleporting castle and an army of powerful soldiers under his control.

• Decisiveness: The Empire, primarily Honest, has a huge ego that is as big as his fat belly and is so complacent and lazy that he focused more on eating his food than doing his job, using Makoto to do whatever he pleases and leave everything the dirty work to the military consisting of a stupid law enforcer and a sadist who leave a sole survivor for the prospect of battle. Asmodeus, however, is a no-nonsense demon lord who may want the Empire to suffer but when the situation calls it, he will do his task swiftly, competently, efficiently and effectively. And while he may play around for a little bit, he will kill his opponent swiftly and pragmatically as possible.

• Determination: Whether it is by himself or because he is a demon lord, Asmodeus is so arrogant that he refused to surrender and he will rise up even when he has been injured so significantly.

• Diligence: The Empire is filled to the brim with sadistic monsters in human skin who are all busy torturing innocent people than doing their job without any purpose in whatever they are actually doing. Asmodeus zigzag this as even he finds enjoyment in the suffering of others that the demon lord inside him wants to enjoy some more. However, he is very focused at the task at hand and this coincide with his goal, making the Empire lived an insufferable and tormented life for the sins they committed and the suffering focus less on pain and more on misery which is granting his enemies a fate worse than death. Their suffering that has a purpose in his goal. If not, he'll just kill them, simple as that.