Chapter 45: A Hell Champion's Infiltration

I do not own Akame ga Kill and Overlord (2012). They belong to their respective owners.

Enjoy.
_____________________________________________

"Okay, can you like repeat what you just said? I thought I heard say something being-"

"He is kidnapped."

"By Esdeath."

"I know. Unbelievable, right?"

The members of Night Raid have all heard what Leone and Lubbock explained to them after they come home from having Tatsumi participating in a tournament to get some prize money for the village.

What they expect was for Tatsumi to bring home with lots of gold, what they did not expect is how Leone and Lubbock told them that Tatsumi is taken by Esdeath of all people.

Needless to say, this doesn't bode well for anyone who heard them.

"We need to save him!" Ieyasu said in desperation.

"And how are we gonna do that? Tatsumi is in the palace where it is layed with traps and swarming with guards. There is no way in Hell we are going there without a plan. And we don't know if we even have a plan to do that." Mine said, her tone in frustration.

"Well, we have to try something. You said that this Esdeath person was a sadistic monster who had no qualms murdering many people, encouraging his soldiers to rape and slaughter and other horrifying stuff. Surely there is something." Sayo said, also in desperation.

"Believe me. We would but like Mine said, we can't go there without a plan and since Najenda is still at Revolutionary Headquarters, all we can do is pray that he'll be alright." Lubbock said in assurance thought he doubts that.

"B-but... But..." Sayo tried to say something before looking at Akame and said, "Akame, you're the acting leader. Surely you have a say in this? Like, should we save him or not."

"Akame. You and I both know that going to the palace is borderline suicidal. And we are undermanned as it is so surely you don't think what you are less likely to be doing." Leone said, her tone not wanting to have Akame do something stupid.

Akame looked as stoic as ever but internally, she is conflicted, mainly because yes, she is acting leader, but capable of authority? No, she isn't and while she wants to save Tatsumi, logic showed her how incredibly stupid that was without any sort of plan or a miracle to happen.

"Enough of this bickering."

Thirteenth's say shatters the tense situation like glass as they looked at Thirteenth who stares at them with a critical eye while Kali is standing beside him as he said, "We shall leave Tatsumi to his devices. So, unless there is opportunity, we shall stay here and wait for Tatsumi to come back. That is all we do. Nothing else."

"WHAT!?" Sayo yelled out, glaring at Thirteenth hatefully and the same can be said for the rest of Night Raid.

"Are you kidding me? Are you really that sore about losing to him? I can't believe you are so petty-" Ieyasu is interrupted when he got bitch slapped by Thirteenth, forcing his down, "Ow! My face!"

"Fool! How dare you to think of me as acting petty? Who are you to judge me before I could give an explanation?" Thirteenth said in irritation, "Make no mistake, however, Tatsumi's kidnapping is utterly a problem that no one knows on how to handle such a horrifying, by your standards, situation. But I am ashamed by your lack of faith in Tatsumi's survivability."

Everyone looked at him in confusion which made Thirteenth rolled his existing eye as he said, "Surely you all have not forgotten our fight, correct? The power of Ebonbane is more than capable of standing equal to even the decaying negative energy of my power. If the boy can handle and fight against even Death Itself, then he can handle anything. Now, is that a fruitful explanation or not?" Thirteenth said to them all.