Chapter 17: Kali's Induction and the Meaning of Death

When I searched Akame ga Kill on YouTube, I have seen a lot of hatred towards the anime.

Like this...

Or this...

And due to this hate, I have been thinking about myself...

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WITH MYSELF REGARDING THIS SHIT ABOUT DOING THIS SHIT AND DOING THAT SHIT?

I can't believe I am actually obsessing over Akame ga Kill despite of how everyone rants on how bad it is.

And I can't blame them.

Character deaths.

Generic location names.

Uncertainty in its audience.

Following it's cliche.

And last but not least, having the main title character not the main protagonist and what we get is a generic one.

And I can't believe I am now being completely interested with Akame ga Kill.

I mean, I was obsessed before with Fairy Tail especially when I followed the reading with Ultimate Fairy and A Spartan's Tail.

Then before that, I was rather obsessed with Familiar of Zero especially reading A Storm's Overhead.

Overall, Akame ga Kill has gotten so much hate and yet, still carried a moderate fanbase that, despite of it all, is actually a cult classic alongside a cult following.

Now, if I know a cult classic, the term means that any type of movie, anime or video games does not showcase much of a blimp towards the popularity of the wide majority and it doesn't get expected to win some award or get lambasted by critics for being moderately good at best.

Yet, despite of it all, this said movie, anime or video games actually has a decent following and Akame ga Kill has one such following.

For me, however, it's both for its fight scenes and character designs. I cannot deny that the story is poorly written and they waste our time with characters dying at every turn, making us either cry in sadness over the character deaths or screamed in absolute rage over the fact that characters being killed are only necessary when... when... I don't know.... I don't know how to make a good story with a lot of characters being killed or trying way too hard to look edgy and dark.

For me however, I am writing this story for only because of the catharsis factor and the porn.

Yeah, that's right. I am writing for both the porn and the plot.

I like lemons with lemonades and when a FanFic story, especially those with a lot of fanservice, I always skip everything to read the lemons.

And Cave Johnson says it better...