57: 𝐘𝐚𝐮𝐫 𝐌𝐚𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐭

"One last photo, I was blinking in the other one," I said to Damien who was already tired of me

"One last photo, I was blinking in the other one," I said to Damien who was already tired of me. Suddenly, his phone began vibrating aggressively. The notifications didn't stop and eventually, my phone began to blow up.

We both answered our phones in confusion, my heart dropping steadily. On the other side of my phone was Scarlett, she was panting vigorously. "Ivan-Ivan, we see him. Naomi we fucking see him."

I almost shit myself at this moment. Damien looked at me with utmost confusion and we both sprinted to the door. As we got to the ground level and into the car I realized that this was the day I'd been waiting for since I began training.

After 15 years I'd see my father's killer again.

Scarlett had sent us the location they were at and to say the least, I was terrified. Mortally terrified. My heart was beating and producing blood at an erratic pace. My head felt hot and my palms were sweaty now and then.

I got my weapon ready, strapping blades to the side of my thigh, making sure to get the sharpest out of them all. I reloaded mine and Damien's gun, adjusting the clips and putting them in the compartment upfront.

Damien snuck a few looks at me as he sped through the highway. He knew I was scared so he placed a hand on my thigh, reassuring me that everything would turn out fine. However, I was not fine, nothing at this moment was fine.

I felt trapped and I just wanted to go back to the moment when I didn't know this information. I wanted to continue the wonderful evening I had planned for Damien and I.

"Fuck I'm scared," I uttered to Damien, he turned the corner and parked two blocks away from the hall. Thank goodness we were dressed for the occasion. Wearing a dress like this would make sense for an auction.

He grabbed my chin and softly turned me to him. "Naomi, you're the strongest woman I know, I've said it once, and all say it again. For anything, Ivan should be the scared one. You're no longer that little girl who couldn't fend for the people she loves. You're much older and much more powerful. I love you, baby."

With Damien's words, I smiled. I managed to reach up and kiss him softly, "thank you, and I love you so much." He nods in agreement and we get out of the car, strapping more weapons to our bodies. Damien bent down again to fix my thigh strap while I made a call to his men.

I placed the phone on my ear, "he's here Lucas, bring everyone because I want him alive." On the other side of the call, Lucas hummed. Preparing his team and getting them over here.

Damien finished with my blades and gave my ass a firm grab before standing up. I stuffed his gun on his side and fixed his tie. I made sure the both of us looked presentable before grabbing his hand and walking towards the hall.

Damien's fingers slid down to my waist and he held me close. The security at the event looked at both Damien and me then proceeded to open the door. We stepped in and just as I looked around, I spotted Scarlett.

She and Javier stylishly stalked over to us, a look of nervousness yet determination on their face. Scarlett caught me by surprise when she hugged me, she hugged me so tight that I almost couldn't breathe.

When we pulled away, her eyes were glossy, "I understand how much this means to you, Naomi. This is what we've been waiting for since we were young. I remember your sleepless nights when you'd come over for sleepovers and get nightmares. You'd try to play it off but I knew that you weren't okay, I'm just happy you're doing better now."

"Thank you, Scarlett, I love you." A split second after Scarlett's hands were off me, Damien put his back on. I sighed at another one of Damien's extremely clingy episodes. Out of nowhere, he'd get super clingy. Damien wouldn't be able to get his hands off of me or kiss me any chance he got.

We all sat down at a table in the back and I took this time to put in my earpiece. I covered it with my hair and continued listening to the auction. I looked around in agony and checked my watch for a notification from Lucas and Damien's men. They arrived and were situated at the back and all exits of the hall.

This news caused me to fiddle with my fingers even more. I looked in my lap and sighed deeply. Damien noticed every action and held my hand in his own, softly pinching my waist. I turned to him in annoyance, "what do you want?"

Instead of giving me a bitter answer, he swiftly kissed my lips. "You look beautiful today, and your makeup is great." He compliments, taking my hands out of my lap and onto his, holding them tightly.

"Stop trying to distract me, I won't play with my hands again." I could tell he was complimenting me to make sure I don't go back to playing with my fingers. I didn't mean to do it, but shit am I scared.

He hums, "I'm not trying to distract you, you are very beautiful, mon amour." I simply rolled my eyes and watched what was going on up ahead.

Suddenly a man came up to the mic, with a deep Russian accent, he began speaking. "Now I'd like to invite a special guest to the stage. This man has been credited with doing good things for the Russians and his mafia. Please give your sweetest welcome to Ivan, Ivan Orlov."

My breathing came to a halt, and all the lit lights in my body burned out. The flame inside me was no more, and I suddenly felt like I was choking. The sound of his name almost caused me to faint and the sight of him would do double the damage. The only thing in my head was the name of the bastard that took away my sanity.

Ivan Orlov.

 We have less than five chapters left of Your Kill, I think I'm gonna cry! Thank you guys, so much for 80k reads, I'll try and finish this book before March

We have less than five chapters left of Your Kill, I think I'm gonna cry! Thank you guys, so much for 80k reads, I'll try and finish this book before March. (My bday month - Pisces season!!)

Not edited, have a great day.