01: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

-FOURTEEN YEARS LATER-

"You don't have to worry about me," I said as I continued packing a bunch of clothes into my suitcase, zipping up the bag and standing it up.

My mother stared at me with tears in her eyes, my dad lightly hugged her shoulder and I scoffed. These people can never give me a break. I've done things like this all the damn time. "What's different about this mission dad?"

He scoffed, "Naomi, you're trying to take down an entire mafia. Singlehandedly I might add."

Mom kept sobbing, "I love you, Naomi, please don't go out there and get yourself kill-"

I cut her off, "for fucks sake mom, I love you but I'm not going to die. Relax." There's nothing these people can say to make me change my decision. I'm going.

"You're being irrational Naomi! This life is dangerous!" He began yelling and I pushed past them, rolling my suitcase out of my room.

"What the fuck do you know about danger? You're a hacker! All you do is sit on a computer and run your mouth-" I caught myself. I've said enough, and guilt is slowly starting to make its way into the pit of my stomach.

Both my parents looked at me in shock, the anger disappearing on their faces completely. Instead of anger, their faces held disappointment.

"Naomi," my mom walked up to me and scanned over my face. "What has gotten into you? That was so disrespectful."

I roll my eyes, "I'm just tired of you people still treating me like that fourteen-year-old who couldn't sleep at night. I can fight my own battles." My voice broke, "let me go."

At this point, they have no choice. If they're not going to sit here and watch me go then I'll leave when they're not looking.

My mind then flashed back to a key in Valentina and Vincenzo's La home. I need to stop there. I made a mental note in my mind and continued walking.

My dad walked up to me, "Naomi, your mom and I both know we can't stop you. Just call us regularly and if you need any help, we're here."

I politely nodded and walked over to my mom and hugged her. She grasped onto my shoulders and hugged me tightly, snuggling her head into my neck. "I love you guys okay? I'll be fine relax."

Mom's laughter vibrated from my shoulder and I smiled. We broke apart and she held my cheek. "If you don't call at least twice a week I'll go to Russia and bring you back myself."