09: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐑𝐮𝐧

No cars were outside as I parked in front of Scarlett's apartment

No cars were outside as I parked in front of Scarlett's apartment. Scarlett had landed in Russia this morning and lucky for her, we had business to attend to this evening.

I killed the engine and brought out my duffel bag full of things. The wind blew my hair in different directions as I entered the condominium, pressing the elevator button to my designated floor. I shuffled from one foot to another to pass time.

The door opened shortly after and I entered Scarlett's penthouse. A familiar ginger-haired girl was seated on the couch. I immediately ran up to her and hugged her. "Shit-I missed you so much!"

She screamed in surprise and got up, tackling me onto the ground. "You better have. I can't believe you left me to hang out with lame people from high school."

"I'm sorry but you knew I have things to do." I countered, placing the large bag onto the marble surface and opening it up. "Hurry and change, we need to go."

Scarlett immediately began running to her bedroom. I brought out all our devices and laid them flat on the counter, attaching the tracker to my wrist. I pull down the material of my all-black suit and attached my weapon belt.

I reloaded all of the guns we'll be using and put the extra ammunition and bullets in a separate bag. I opened up my laptop and set the security map files to Scarlett and walked into the powder room.

My reflection stared back at me in the mirror. I redid my low but and made sure I was snatched in my suit. The door to Scarlett's room opened and she came out, fully dressed.

Her glowing green eyes were tuned down with black eyeliner and her bone-straight ginger hair was tucked away in a bun. She makes a finger gun and crouches down, "are you ready to play Barbie spies?!"

"Duh, grab your stuff and let's go, the club is opening up soon." She put her devices on and grabbed the bags, going downstairs to her truck.

Scarlett began jumping up and down like a kid in a candy store. "I'm so fucking excited!"

━✦❘༻༺❘✦━

Denis' friend Pavel owned a club a couple of miles from here. Pavel is also Ivan's architect, he designed one of Ivan's most functional warehouses in Russia and the United States.

I turn to Scarlett as she drives in the truck, over her suit she's wearing a truck driver outfit. To give an illusion that we're the suppliers for their long waited for shot glasses.

I spoke into the mic, the crystal moon shining over the club's back entrance. "I've memorized the floor plan, Scar you just need to tell me what safe it is in. Then on my call, open the exit."