15: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭

I gently open up the cabinet in search of some spice

I gently open up the cabinet in search of some spice. It was 3 am and as usual, I couldn't sleep. Eyebags were starting to form and my pills weren't working, I decided that making steak would drain me out and I'd fall asleep.

A call rang from my phone and I immediately picked it up, I haven't been able to pick up my calls lately and my father has been calling me nonstop. I assumed it was him, but a familiar ginger-haired girl popped up on my screen.

She had her phone placed on a mount in her car and drove steadily, "hey Naomi, I figured you'd be awake."

"Where are you driving back from at 3 am, Scarlett?" I already had a specific idea in my head but I held the thought.

She giggled and turned to the side, the car light reflecting on her pale skin gave me a clear view of red marks ranging across her neck and collar bone. Her lips are also an abnormally shade of pink.

I sigh, "another one-night stand?" I ask, and she nods in agreement. It wouldn't be too nice to call my best friend a whore but it's a great word to describe her. Any minor inconvenience in her life turns into a fuck-a-thon or a shop-a-thon. She either shops till she's passed out on the mall pavement or runs to the nearest club twice a week.

"Damn that guy, was good." She mutters, tracing her finger along her lips. "I bit that fucker so many times I think I broke his skin barrier."

I take out the pan and set it on the stove, "that's fucking disgusting Scar, get help."

She chuckles in understanding, "I'm just kidding will you relax." She sends me a playful glare through the camera, "he was a good fuck though."

"Always getting the 'good fucks' aren't you?" I respond, cutting up the vegetables and settling the washed knife to the side.

"Hell yeah, I am. Naomi, you need to let loose and spread your legs! Your Prince Charming awaits you in these streets of Moscow!" She honks her horn with enthusiasm and I shake my head.

"Yeah, no thank you. I don't fuck men I don't know." I hear the front door open and I stick my head out. "I'll call you later, someone's here. Kisses." I set my phone on the counter and continue my cooking.

A few minutes later, Damien comes stumbling into the room. His shirt is completely off and there's a giant wound going across his shoulder. The wound is shaped in a line so I guess he got stabbed. He looks in extreme pain but hides it once he notices I'm present.

"Yikes...what happened to you?" I continue cutting my asparagus. Damien doesn't reply and just sits on the counter chair, taking off the shirt that was wrapped around his hand.

I try to ignore the voice in my head telling me to help him, but the way he's cleaning the wound is making me cringe tremendously. I open up his cabinet and grab a nursing kit I saw earlier.

My mother is a doctor who owns her clinic so I know a few things about cleaning cuts and checking blood pressures. I walk over to him and grab the shirt from his hand, throwing it out in the nearest trash can.

He doesn't say anything as I apply cleaners to the wound. I then go in with hydrogen peroxide when he's not looking, pressing it into his skin. He quickly hisses, looking at me annoyingly. I look at him with a distinct smile on my face, "sorry."

He just grunts in response and I pause, "you haven't said a single word since you've entered. Did you wake up mute?"

"I'm fine. I just had to take my mind off of something." He looks me up and down before looking the other way and sighing.

"Well okay then. The next time you do something impulsive, and get stabbed, make sure to use a clean shirt to avoid any infections." I apply a bandage on his arm, trying to draw my eyes from his abs, gleaming in my face from down below.

He deadpans, "why are you helping me?"

"Because if you die, I won't have a house to live in." I pack the things up and move away from him. Well, if you'll excuse me, I have a meal to make." He takes a look over my face and I turn around and go back to current my vegetables.

"Why are you even awake at this time?"

I turn to look up at him, "I don't understand how that's your business. You're hurt, go sit down or something. And why don't you have doctors rummaging this entire place?"

"Because I don't want to. That is also not your business." He fiddles with the edge of the counter in annoyance.

"I shouldn't have helped you if I knew you were going to act like a little bastard afterwards. You're annoying as shit." He runs his tongue over his teeth and abruptly gets up.

He squints, "what did you just say? I didn't catch that."

"I said, you're annoying as shit. You also need to mind your goddamn business." I look over to my phone and realize it's on a low percentage, so I decide on getting my charger. I look back at Damien to see him still staring at me.

Just as I was about to exit the living room, he
pins me to a nearby wall. He then holds my neck up with his hand. He neared my ear and my body began betraying me, he hadn't even said anything yet and I began to squirm.

This was the second time he had done this in 2 weeks and I reacted differently today. A few loose strands of black had neared my temple and I resisted the urge to run my fingers through it. He looked over the outfit I wore, a white tank top and matching shorts. The multicolour beads on my waist add a little colour.

"This is the second time I'm warning you, Naomi, drop the attitude or you'll regret it, okay?" His hand tightened around my throat and he pierced daggers into my skin.

My knees grew extremely weak as he held eye contact. His threats added nothing but butterflies in the pit of my stomach. He smiled at my frantic expression, "The third time won't be so pretty." He used the pad of his pointer finger to lift my chin, licking over his lips briefly. "Goodnight, love."

And with that, he walked away. A few seconds later I heard the sound of stairs and a door slamming shut. I sighed and continued cooking my meal.

 I sighed and continued cooking my meal

Wow, it is getting hot in here y'all.
The smut chapter is coming soon, just hold on...LMFAO