37: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐥

As I woke up with Naomi in my arms, I felt light

As I woke up with Naomi in my arms, I felt light. Talking to her about my sister made me anxious yet free at the same time. I realized that I didn't have to hide, all I needed to do now was have hope.

Hope that she'll wake up because, in all honesty, a deep part of me is scared that she never will.

I looked down as Naomi began to stir. Her eyes slightly fluttered and I moved the strands of hair that were covering her face. My fingers got a mind of their own as they wandered across her jawline, admiring the beauty in front of me.

My phone chimed with a notification and I picked it up, reading Javier's incoming message.

Javier: Don't forget tonight. Bring Naomi.

I inwardly groaned as I remembered the French gala tonight. My father was very conceited. He felt as if he was superior, nobody could tell him otherwise. That's one of the main reasons why I disassociated myself from him the moment I turned 21.

To pay my respects to the idiot who created me, I gently woke Naomi up. She stirred for
another moment, her eyelashes batting in confusion. "We have somewhere to be by 5 pm, amour. You can sleep later."

A deep pit inside of me truly felt bad for waking her up from her slumber. Although her sleeping pattern has gotten a lot better, I still try to let her sleep as much as she can. Knowing sometimes she fails to do so.

"Yeah give me a second." She held her finger up and slowly got up from my chest. The warmth radiating off her skin left me immediately and I was back to staring at her. Her attitude changed when she finally took in what I had said. "You didn't think to tell me about this a week in advance? I don't even have a fucking dress, Damien."

I sighed quietly and wrapped my hands around her, "I'm a hundred percent sure that whatever you put on will be beautiful."

She rolls her eyes slyly. My eyes scan over her body and my hand unconsciously lifts to slap her ass. Her soft laughs ring in my ear as she leaves and descends the stairs.

━✦❘༻༺❘✦━

A few hours later, I was fully dressed in my navy blue suit. I walk down the stairs while fixing the Patek watch on my wrist. Just as I reach the final step, I hear distant movement in my garage.

The sound spikes curiosity within me and I hold on to the gun at my side, walking through the double doors. On the other side were two of my security men, rolling in a motorcycle with a familiar license plate.

I stand before the two men, "who's bike is this and why did you feel the need to roll it into my garage?"

The shorter one nods, "C'est celle de Miss Harris. Elle l'a fait livrer ici de chez elle ce matin, monsieur."