42: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

"Naomi you're losing your ass

"Naomi you're losing your ass. What are you hungry for? I just cooked this morning for your cousins." Aunt Monica complains, I walk over to her kitchen and look inside the hot pot of rice, sighing in satisfaction.

"I'll take some home. But, I'm here to know everything about your brother. I'm done crying every other day, I want to celebrate D'andre's life, auntie."

She smiles and wraps her arms around me. "I'll let you read the letter. Then, if you have any questions, you have my address."

"Thanks, Auntie. How are you? I missed our talks." I sat next to her on the couch and put my feet up, leaning against her shoulder.

She snickers, "you didn't miss my ass 'cause you didn't visit. Are there any boys you'd like to chat about? I know you're only 20 but things move."

I frown, "I messed up and honestly, there's no way I can reverse this."

She turns to me, "it's that bad?"

"It's so fucking bad, Auntie." I swallow the sigh in my throat and bring my knees to my stomach.

She hums, "Jesus you acted exactly like me when I was young. I'm just going to tell you to go find him. Cause if you wait for things to fall into place, they might not fall the way you want them to. Based on experience."

"I don't even know where he is right now."

She smiles, "the Italian mafia's gala is coming up right? Go, and win him over. Don't let him slip through your hands, baby." She gets up and walks back to her ginormous kitchen, "let me dish your food and give you that damn letter. Don't forget to eat the food, Naomi.
The next time I see you, that ass better be back."

I hide the small chuckle aching to leave my lips and clutched the letter. You could tell that this was extremely old, the brown corners and stained pictures shined in my face. My auntie gave me a container full of food and smiled, "read the letter, Naomi, D'andre was a good person and loved you more than anything."

We said our goodbyes and I left the house, placing all the stuff next to me in the car. Before I began driving, I rested my head on the wheel and sighed, finding a great place to read his letter. His grave.

I haven't been there since I was fourteen, developed the courage to take a look and never went back. I put my car in drive and sped over to the place I never thought I'd be going to again.

━✦❘༻༺❘✦━

I put my car in park and quickly gathered out of the car. Before turning around, I took a deep breath, trying to remind myself that it's okay to cry sometimes.

Then there it was. My father's grave. Vincenzo had decided to put it in a private location, away from all the commotion. The giant brick of marble stared back at me and I decided to sit in front of it. My eyes scanned over the words.