26: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐲

I watched Naomi as she walked out of my sight and towards the giant window

I watched Naomi as she walked out of my sight and towards the giant window. A smile crept its way onto my face as her much smaller frame, jumped into the large window.

With the stupid smile still on my face, I turned around and got my stuff all sorted out. I picked up my phone and called my team to surround Anton's office so I can sneak inside. Charles signals me, saying that he hasn't spotted anyone yet and it was safe to proceed.

My gun was in my hand as I walked into the warehouse building. The place was dirty and dark, not a single light bulb was working accordingly. As I assumed, all the doors were already opened so I walked in without a problem. The double doors indicating his office caught my vision and I stepped in, heading straight to his protected files.

The guys surrounding his office entered immediately and got to emptying. They took everything and whatever wasn't beneficial to our mafia, would go in my fireplace. I got a call and picked it up, not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Hey, French fuck. I'm just letting you know that Naomi got stabbed and she's being very stubborn right now. Come get your girl, I'm leaving." I recognized the voice of Naomi's friend, Scarlett and tensed as she explain the situation.

"What do you mean stabbed?" I ask, immediately walking towards the door.

She sighs, "there are so many guys around entrance B. You guys need to evacuate, Naomi just left through exit G and took down half of the guys there."

When she said this, I hung up and began heading down to the doors Naomi left from. I spotted a couple of guys who weren't wearing our uniform and loaded my gun, spraying bullets into their skulls.

A man popped up from the corner and I launched my dagger towards his throat, nodding when the sharp end touches his neck, his limp body falling onto the ground.

When I got to the exit Naomi was nowhere to be found. I called her a few times but to no avail, a part of me started to get worried until I heard a car swerve in front of me.

I recognize it as my car and when the driver had familiar curly hair flowing from the bun it was originally in, I sigh in relief. I tried to switch spots with her but she didn't budge, "get in the goddamn car Damien, they're coming."

I give her a weird look, "Naomi you're hurt, I'm not letting you drive." I argued, folding my arms and looking down at the woman in the car.

She scoffs, "I'm talking and breathing. I'm. Not. Hurt. Now get in this fucking car before I leave you here. I'm already mad."

With a hand in my hair, I sigh and sit down in the passenger seat. I catch a glimpse of Naomi driving with one hand, the other pressing firmly to the wound in her abdomen. I lose it.

"Naomi, stop this fucking car before I crash it." I turn to her in all seriousness but she ignores me, driving towards the exit of the warehouse. What ticks me off next is that she turns up the volume of the music in the car when I try to speak again.

I send a quick message to Charles, letting him know to clear the area so I can click the button. We go around the warehouse a few more times before everyone is out.

I open the application on my watch and press the button, watching as Anton's warehouse blows up into deep flames. Naomi turns to me abruptly and lowers the music, "another thing you forgot to tell me."

She then speeds off down the road, turning into the freeway and letting all her anger out by speeding. I look at her in confusion, "what are you talking about?"

I can see that she's visibly angry when she begins to speak. "Nobody alerted me about people being inside. I thought you had security, Damien! Not only that but you also didn't tell me your plan about blowing up the fucking warehouse?!"

"Naomi, I swear it was only a backup plan in case-" I get cut off by her harsh swerving.

"Save the bullshit. I don't even want to look at you right now because I swear if I do, you'll be just as dead as the men in that warehouse." She turns her music up again to mute me and I smile.

Little does she know the effect she's having on me. I run a hand through my hair when I feel my pants getting tighter. I try to calm myself down but it wouldn't work. She's visibly hurt Damien, this is not the time to get hard.

I reach my hand out to the side of her face and lightly stroke her baby hairs, "Je suis désolée chérie." She turns to me for a brief moment then turns back onto the road, veering around to the gates of my estate.

(I'm sorry darling.)

When she gets in front of my house she stops the car and gets down immediately, storming inside. I deeply sigh and follow behind her, throwing my car keys towards one of my security guards outside.

Inside she's by the kitchen counter, still applying pressure to her wound. I look at her while she stands there in the tiny pool of her crimson red blood. I walk over to her and lift her chin, "I'm calling all the doctors I know Naomi; I know you're obstinate but let me help you."

She looks into my eyes and then back at the ground, "I've been stabbed before, Damien relax it's not-"

I cut her off, "don't give me that shit. They're already on their way." I lightly kiss her forehead and bend down to get the first aid kit under the cabinet.

I place the kit on the counter and come around to put the loose strands of her hair in a bun. She remains eye contact with me as I take her hand off the wound, slightly near the shiny diamond pierced into her navel.

I walk over to the sink and quickly wash my hands while applying water to a wet towel. Walking over to her, I clean the blood from her stomach. When all the dripping blood is gone, I apply a bandage and stand up correctly to look at her.

I don't miss the small smile on her face as she reaches up and strokes my cheek, "are you hungry? Because I am."

A smile stretches onto my face and I hold the hand she has on my cheek, "yeah, let's get something to eat."

This was kinda cute ig