19: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐂𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

My heart dropped at Jonathan's message and I looked around in search of him

My heart dropped at Jonathan's message and I looked around in search of him. Damien was looking at me weirdly so I sent him a quick text and stuffed my phone back into my clutch.

You: he's my boyfriend. So I'm giving you a maximum of 2 minutes to speak. I won't hesitate to kill you this time Jonathan.

I cursed myself for calling Damien my boyfriend but swallowed it up the moment security opened up the door.

Many eyes were on us, not only because we were two hours late, but because my family now thinks we're a couple. I could see my mother in the back with a wide smile on her face and Kade sending a knowing smirk to Damien.

The moment we got to our table, someone jumped up and hugged me before I could sit down. I looked up to see a familiar woman, she had long braids in her hair and many tattoos going down her arm. "Naomi! Jeez, you are so freaking beautiful. Holy dog shit!"

It was Valentina Marino, but I call her Miss Dani. The woman who was there by my side when my biological father took his last breaths. She's always been an inspiration. The person who taught me how to fight and become the woman I am today. She's been so good to me and till now, I still don't know how to repay her.

"Miss Dani! I missed you so much. Where's everyone?" I question, referring to her 3 kids and husband who are currently not in my line of vision.

She smiles, "oh they're getting cake, but before you leave." She pauses and pulls me to her, "you're dating Damien Petit?"

I groan and roll my eyes, "no, I'm not. We were both invited and decided to go together, that's all."

She smirked but let me go, "it's alright girly, just save me a seat at the wedding okay?"

I groan again and push her away from me, walking over to my mother. Her brown straight hair is falling down her shoulders and she's holding the hand of one of Miss Dani's children, Skye. "Hey, mom."