43: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

This chapter is more of a filler. It's just the extended version of D'andre's letter to Naomi. You're free to skip it if you like! <3

To my daughter, Raven

I want to start this letter with I love you. I love you more than anything in this world. You brought an unusual source of light to my life and nothing will ever change the impact you had on me. I wish that I could've been there for your most important milestones. It pains me that one day I won't be able to cook for you, pick you up from school, or talk about toys over ice cream. I'm sorry my love.

Throughout my younger years, I got involved with terrible people in France. Some things led to another and I ended up joining a mafia, I was good at what I did but some people weren't happy with my success. Within my years of training, I had two people I envied most, Pierre Petit and Ivan Orlov. They weren't great men from the jump, they broke the mafia's code of silence many times but always remained high status because of their family heritage.

Me being the man who just joined the mafia, I was frowned upon. My ideas weren't considered and I was always dismissed. With annoyance, I left the training and France to begin my journey in Italy. That's where I meant Vincenzo Marino's father who helped me become a great assassin. Word got out that our mafia stole from theirs and they have been looking for me ever since.

What you don't know my dear is that they're looking for me. They have been for God knows how long. I've tried to keep things from you because you're only six but one day you're going to know the truth. And most likely, I won't be alive to tell you the truth so I'm writing you this letter. On the back explains the history of your mother and I, I know I haven't talked about her before but trust me, I have my reasons.

I want you to know that when I die, I'll watch over you 24/7. Don't be afraid to tell me anything Naomi, I'm your day one, literally. I wish I would be able to watch you grow up to be a powerful woman but I know you'll make me proud. I love you.

Your mother and I met in Italy. She had been on vacation with her friends when we met at a party. The first time I set my eyes on her, I was instantly drawn. Her eyes, her walk, and the way she carried herself radiated confidence. After having a long conversation, we decided to meet a few more times before her departure.

After several dates, we started dating, and everything was great. We were deeply in love and I knew nothing could bring our love apart. She was never a fan of my line of work but supported me either way. She wanted me to go back to culinary school as I planned prior to the mafia.

I agreed to do one more mission in Russia and put an end to my career after that. I decided to become a cook for the Marino family to pursue my dream of becoming a professional chef. After several years, the family relocated to my home city Los Angeles. That's where your mother became pregnant.

The first child she was supposed to have was premature and didn't survive. We named him, Tyrell Harris. After Tyrell's passing, your mother and I didn't get along. Natalie was a hot head, she had zero patience and would get angry easily. Knowing my wife, I tried my hardest to help her but things weren't getting better.

Eventually, she was pregnant with you. Even with your successful birth she still wasn't happy. Nothing could make her happier and I truly felt defeated. A couple of weeks after your birth, she dropped the divorce papers on the dinner table. It was like you sensed something wrong because you began crying uncontrollably.

I signed the papers, even though it hurt me more than anything in the world, I had to. I wanted to make Natalie happy and if signing the papers would keep her content, I did so.

She left after we were officially divorced. She didn't want anything to do with you and I. I don't know where she went, but after she missed your first birthday, I saw her as dead to me. Truly, I don't know what happened to Natalie, but hopefully, she's still alive and well. It's been a rough six years without her. I didn't write this letter so you could look at your giver of birth badly, Natalie was a great woman. She unfortunately made some terrible choices. The first one being leaving you.

My baby Raven, I want you to use this letter as a guide. Don't let this letter bring you any type of sadness or discomfort. Please don't forget to reach out to the people who love you the most. The Marino family, my sister Monica, and God. Please forgive me for leaving you so soon.

I want you to learn from this so you can have your own happy ending. You deserve the best my sweet Raven. Be great.

Love, your day one. Dad.

Once again, this was a filler

Once again, this was a filler. Bless