48: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

After 4 hours of sitting down, my knotless braids were all done

After 4 hours of sitting down, my knotless braids were all done. I decided to finally get braids after several years. The brown-coloured braids flowed down my back and reached to my hip.

My aunt Monica had just landed in Italy this morning but managed to finish my hair. We had talked about almost everything, catching up with old memories, and filling me in about my father. She ended up cooking my favourite dishes and I learned to make one myself.

Before leaving, I walked over to my aunt and hugged her. "I'll see you, tomorrow auntie. Thank you for my food and hair, I'm going to be making this every day." The older woman kissed me on the cheek.

"I love you, Naomi. See you." With that, I walked out the door and into my car. I started the engine and made my way over to the Marino's.

I was mainly going there to collect a piece of jewelry and talk to the kids. I hadn't been to work in forever so there was no business for me to handle with Vincenzo and Valentina.

The drive was short and soon enough I was swerving my Maybach into the driveway of the Marino Estate. I got out of the car and dropped my key off to one of the guards up front. Another one opened the door for me and I entered the mansion.

At first, no one was in sight. I continued walking until I found all the kids sitting by the garden. It was abnormally hot outside today so I rushed to the children's side, "guys don't you think it's too hot to be sitting outside?"

The look on their faces when they saw me was heartbreaking. It was like they haven't seen me in forever. They all rushed to my side in a blink of a second. I went from lecturing them to being tackled onto the grass. "Naomi!" They all said in unison.

Guilt started to flow down my chest because I remember promising to be better for them. However, we haven't seen each other in nearly six months. I sigh at my behaviour, "hey guys, how are y'all?"

Skye keeps her arms around my hip, "we're good!" Silas and Sylvia move their arms off of me. They give me a blank stare, "how busy were you this time?"

I frown, "guys..." then trailed off. I didn't want to tell them that I was partying my ass off for months. I didn't want to tell them that I was consecutively drinking and crying myself to sleep every night. And I sure as hell didn't want to tell them I was heartbroken and miserable.

So I sighed, "my car is up front, where do you guys want to go? We can go to the movies, the beach, shopping spree-"

"Shopping spree!" All three of them yelled and began walking to where my car was parked.

I sighed, "expensive little shits."

- DAMIEN PETIT -

"I'm fucked Javier, I am." I groan, as I run a hand down my face. My leg bounces in place as I think of the possible outcomes of tomorrow's gala.

He throws the toothpick in his mouth away, "I don't know Damien. Put your mind at fucking ease, Naomi is approachable, just talk to her."

I laugh, "approachable? That woman is not approachable at all. Even when laughing, you can't tell if she's laughing at you or with you."

Javier nods, "most of the time it's at you. Maybe she's not approachable, but you guys had a relationship. I think she'd at least give a fuck about what you have to say."

"What do I even start with? Hey! My father killed your father and tried to kill you years later! She wouldn't want anything to do with me."

Javier laughs, "oh yeah you're done for. I wouldn't look at your family the same. Just saying."

I stand up from my seat, "Javier go back to your girlfriend. I have places to be." His comment pissed me off and I decided it was best to just get started on my day.

I picked up my car keys from the desk and followed Javier out of my office. The weather in Italy was lovely, it was extremely hot and breezy, getting us ready for the much excruciating summer weather. Entering my car, I turned on my music and began speeding to my sister's house.

The traffic blocking the road eventually cleared up and I came in front of a villa, palm trees adorned the entire front yard and you could hear the sounds of waves from the back of the home.

I exited my car and typed in the home passcode. The moment I enter, my ears are blown off with some type of R&B song playing through the speakers of her home. Everywhere I turned the music was playing and I stormed into the kitchen to find her.

Amélie was sitting down eating some type of rice bowl, humming to the music in the speaker. I raise my eyebrow, "are you trying to go deaf? What are you eating anyways." I lean my hand toward her bowl.

Before I inch to her food, she slaps my hand away. "Hands off you fucking bastard, besides this is my home. I can blast as much music as I want."

I chuckle, "are you ready for the gala tomorrow? It's going to be your first major outing after, you know."

She rolls her eyes, "I'm a grown-ass woman. I'll be fine, thanks for the concern though Alexandre." I guess she's tired of me treating her like a child.

Suddenly, a phone begins to ring. Low by Flo Rida begins playing. She grins, "pass my phone please, I'm expecting a call."

I turn around to find her phone next to a jug of water. Before I pick up the ringing phone, I read the contact displayed on the screen. My heart drops slightly.

A picture of Amélie and another woman, sitting at a restaurant. As I get a closer look I soon recognize the face of the woman. I look back at Amélie in confusion.

"You know Naomi?" The look on Amélie's face told me everything I needed to know.

Not edited!