36: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬

"For the love of God, Damien! Hold the tinsel properly

"For the love of God, Damien! Hold the tinsel properly." I yelled at the man, standing below the staircase.

I was at my wits' end with Damien, and every time he took a breath, I suppressed the urge to hurl this figurine of a baby sheep at his head. "Where in the world did you even get this? A baby Jesus the size of a human being is unnecessary and rather frightening."

"I asked my mother and she gave me some stuff," he shrugs. "I also called some guys to bring things to the house." I scoff at his reply and repair the bow at the top of the stairs, returning down once I'm done.

My waist is wrapped in his hands as I get to the last step. He pulls me toward him. He gives my ass a firm squeeze while slamming his lips into mine and indulging in the candy cane-like sweetness.

I break away from him, breathlessly, "we haven't even finished Damien. Stockings need to go up and you need to put the star on the tree because..." I point to his entire frame, "you are well, a lot taller than me."

He groans, "do we have to do that? I mean we should just relax..." His hands wrap around my hips and then make there was to my ass again, "...and enjoy the beautiful day."

I raise my eyebrow, "you're not smooth Alexandre, we aren't having sex because we have things to do." I walk over to the ginormous Christmas tree in the living room.

I'm forcefully yanked back into a set of arms before I could move forward. Damien glances at me and smiles into my neck as I huff. "Let's watch a movie or something."

I peck the side of his face, "after we're done, you idiot! We have two more things to do."

He sighs, "have it your way, my love."

━✦❘༻༺❘✦━

After a passionate makeout session and a whole pan of brownies after dinner, Damien and I had finally finished. We were currently watching my favourite Christmas movie, Home Alone, as I was curled up on his chest.

Damien's fingers were stroking my hair, making it difficult for me to focus. On rare occasions, his fingers would wrap around the waves and delicately pull at my scalp. I had a sudden urge to find out more information about Damien. I mean, I was interested in learning about his favourite meals, sports, and even colour.

My head tips to meet his eyes. "What's your favourite colour?"

He looks perplexed at me from underneath "If I had to choose, I'd say green. My mother and sister also only gave me things in that colour."

His sister. My shock at the discovery of his younger sister never subsided. He doesn't talk about her as much as he does Charles. "How's your sister?"

He takes a doubtful breath, "Sister is doing well. She is in New York working on a project."

My eyebrows furrow, "what does she do?"

He slightly smiles, "she wanted to be a veterinarian but subsequently fell in love with modelling. That's why she's there."

A model? The new topic spiked my interest in me, "has she done any recent shows or shoots?"

Damien tenses and I can tell that there's something wrong. This conversation is heading in the wrong direction. I move my finger to his jaw, "are you okay?" I ask, genuinely concerned. I can feel the sadness radiating from his body.

He sucks in a deep breath once again. "My sister is not actually in New York." The tense feeling of worry and sorrow came spilling out at this moment.

My fingers once more brush his jaw as I cast an odd glance at him. "What?"

"There's something I should tell you." He sighs, wrapping his arms around me in a tighter grip.

I look around, "you don't have to tell-"

He shakes his head, "No I feel comfortable with you." I'm baffled by his statement but also oddly honoured. When he says these things, a part of my stomach starts to churn.

"Okay," I say slowly closing my lips in a smile.

"On the night my safe was broken into, obviously by you. Two terrible things happened. My money was gone but my sister was also on her way to New York when a motorcyclist hit her." He takes a long pause after his explanation and I let go of his hand.

"I was so worried about Amelie when I learned about your break-in, which is why I didn't take any action." Damien runs a hand over his face and I bite my lip in shame.

"Fuck Damien I am so-"

He sought, "there's no use in apologizing. We weren't the biggest fans of each other at the time. It made complete sense. We're merely attempting to see the positive side of things, I suppose. All we're trying to do now is look for the motorcyclist."

I reach for his hand again, "I'm sorry Damien. So sorry, I made that night worse than it was."

He unexpectedly kissed my hand. "I'm great; I'd love for you to meet her when she wakes up. Maybe then she'll stop considering me to be a loser."

I raise my eyebrow, "inside joke?"

"Inside joke", he leans forward to kiss my lips.

!!!!!! Abnormally short chapter