21: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

The sunlight shimmered into Damien's spacious bedroom

The sunlight shimmered into Damien's spacious bedroom. The luminosity of the morning sun was bothering my eyes so I decided to turn around but something was stopping me.

Damien's strong arm was draped around my waist, pulling me impossibly close to his chest. I could feel his faint breaths on my neck, indicating he was still asleep.

A light smile appeared on my face when I recollected last night's events. Then I frowned, remembering that I had to visit the Marino house today. I recollected all my remaining strength and pushed away from his harsh grip, putting a pillow at his side for a replacement.

I went to stand up, but immediately felt a pang between my legs, causing me to sit back down on his bed and sigh. I felt some movement behind me then a deep chuckle.

I turned around to see Damien sitting up with a light smile on his face, he raked his eyes over my entire face. "Why'd you fall? What's wrong with your legs?"

I can hint at the sarcasm in his voice. His eyes gazed from my face down to the shirt I was wearing. He lightly smiled. His behaviour caused me to roll my eyes, "shut up."

Damien chuckles in the background and I stand up, taking slow steps to the door. My fingers brush over the door handle before Damien stops me. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to the Marino's, I promised to visit the kids before we go back to Russia," I answer, watching as he gets off the bed. His hair is messy and I nearly smile at the little red mark on his neck.

He nods, "I'll come with you."

I roll my eyes, "don't you have something to do? You don't need to co-"

"I'm coming with you. I can just finalize everything with Kade today and get it over with." Before I could reply, he had already walked over to his bathroom.

I inwardly groan and stubbily walk to my room to get dressed. Thoughts of what happened yesterday washed into my head. I couldn't hold the embarrassing smile creeping onto my face as I remembered Damien, and for some reason; I don't regret it. Not at all.

When I was done with my shower, I let my hair flow down to my back and grabbed a black spaghettini-strapped dress. It was the beginning of November and cold outside but I was still going to wear the dress anyways.

I lazily did some makeup and grabbed everyone's gifts before walking out of my room. The moment I got to the stairs, Damien joined me and slinked an arm around my waist, opening the front door as we approached the bottom.

His touch was still foreign to me, but it felt good. So good that sometimes I don't want to let go. My behaviour has been annoying me lately and it was mainly because of him.