22: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭

Damien and I rushed into the house at lightning speed

Damien and I rushed into the house at lightning speed. I quickly took off my shoes and put them nicely against the rack when Damien grabbed me and slammed his lips on mine.

His hands immediately travelled down to my waist as he clasped onto the thin material of my sundress. I let out a quiet moan when he lowered his lips to suck on the tender skin by my neck, leaving me breathless.

"You know, we shouldn't be doing this..." I pointed towards his hands on my body and his lips currently attacking my neck, "right?"

He stops for a second to look at me, I can see the distaste on his face and suck in a breath. "Says who?" He asks, moving some hair away from my neck to kiss me again.

I moan again when his large hand lands on my ass, roughly squeezing me when I don't reply. He lifts my chin with his other hand, "says who, Naomi?"

He looks at me in the eyes and I fully take in his beauty. His question repeats in my head like a talkative parrot. Says who? In no book did it say this couldn't happen, this just happened to be those times where I'm acting irrational.

There's no point in denying my sudden attraction to Damien Petit. The way he looked at me, talked to me and handled my body had me on another planet. I liked his kisses, I liked the way he grabbed my waist, and that's what scares me.

The man in front of me breaks me out of my thoughts when he lightly squeezes my hips, a look of concern is now on his face. "Why are there bags under your eyes?"

My breathing hitches when he asks the question. I didn't expect him to realize, I didn't expect anyone to realize. The only person who has ever noticed has been my parents or Scarlett. To everyone else, it's been a blur. It also wasn't that noticeable on my darker skin complexion.

"It's nothing, let's get some food to eat or something." I try to dismiss the topic by wiggling out of his grip, but it only tightened.

He glared at me, "Naomi, I know what under-eye bags look like. Especially ones that were caused by lack of sleep."

Before I could make up a silly lie, his phone buzzes numerous times. I inwardly smile as he pats my hip and lets me go. I take this opportunity to cool down and grab something to eat.

I make myself a quick sandwich and sit down to eat. A few minutes later when I'm halfway done, Damien emerges into the kitchen. He walks in to grab a bottle of water and sticks a loaded gun into the back of his pants. "Our conversation isn't done, Naomi. I have somewhere to be."

My eyes roll on their own, "please shut up and leave." He sends me a knowing smirk and leaves the kitchen on my command.

When I'm done with my food I decide on going out to see Scarlett. I call my dad's chauffeur to come to Damien Petit's estate. I grab my bag and my phone before heading out the door.