16: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

I haven't slept since Damien's warning and eye bags were starting to form

I haven't slept since Damien's warning and eye bags were starting to form. It wasn't unusual for me to get eye bags, they'd happen now and then when I don't get any sleep at all. I've put my mind at ease knowing they'll fade away soon.

I'm currently packing for my trip to Italy for Kade and Elena's wedding. They're like uncles and aunts to me, so it was only good for me to be there and pay my respect. I threw a bunch of clothes and shoes into my bag and made sure to pack some for the incoming cold.

Unfortunately, I'm only able to stay there for a week, because I have things to do here in Moscow. This will be a brief vacation to visit my family and then return to what matters most, work.

Zipping up the suitcase, I headed downstairs to my car parked outside. I'm too tired to drive so I called over my chauffeur, Landon to help me get to my jet.

When we got to the private airport, I noticed how this jet didn't look like my father's jet at all. It was a little smaller in size and had many security guards forming around it. I was about to turn to Landon when a familiar face caught my eye.

"Finally, she's here. I was going to leave without her." Damien walks over to the security guards and explains some instructions to them.

My eyebrow tweaked, "Landon. What did I ask you to do?"

He scratches his neck, "uh drive you to your father's jet...?" He said it as more of a question.

"So why the fuck are we in front of Damien Petit's jet?" I question, growing impatient as he starches his neck like a dog, repeatedly. "Stop stretching your neck, you're not a fucking animal."

"But ma'am, the don asked me to bring you here. So that's what I did." He implies, shutting the car door he left unopened.

"I'm sorry but who the hell is your boss? I hired you. Not some don, so you take instructions from me. I don't give two fucks if he threatens to kill you. You listen to me because at the end of the day, I can blow your head off and the 'don' won't have any say." I was boiling at this point, not only would my father be mad at me. But he's also ruined my plan in avoiding Damien. The plan had been established for more than three days now.

Landon's eyebrows furrow and he looks down at me in distress. "I'm sorry b-boss its just-"

"I don't care if you're sorry. You have a very hard time listening to instructions. If you didn't have a lovely wife and two kids your blood would've been seeping down this floor. Get out of my sight, you're fired."

Landon slumped his shoulders and walked away to God-knows-where. I was about to enter my car when Damien stood in front of me, I sucked in a breath and looked up at him.