35: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬

That was a very impulsive move

I'm not going to say I regret it, but I should've never done it. I wasn't thinking of the chaos that this one move would cause.

Scarlett immediately stood up and so did the three men surrounding Boris. Javier took down the men while Damien remained seated. I sent him a weird look but he sent me a poisonous yet reassuring glare instead.

"Boris." I slurred, resting both my hands on the now messed-up poker table. "You know what I want. Why are you making this so difficult?" Scarlett and Javier had excused themselves to Boris's office.

He smiles, the silver teeth matching the gun resting easily on his lap. "Naomi," he said my name like he was trying to remember it. "Don't think my cousin forgot about you. He's still waiting to capture you and fuck you hard." The thickness of his Russian accent brought shivers to my spine.

They sounded so alike.

Before I could muster up a response, one of Boris's bodyguards was laying on the floor. His blood slowly seeped from his limp body, a bullet hole in between his eyebrows.

Two things happened.

My head snapped to Damien, and my head literally snapped.

My gun was pushed out of my hand and I felt heavy metal being pressed onto the side of my head. I inhaled deeply before pulling out the blade and shoving it into the man's thigh. He immediately unlatched his arms from me and I flipped the gun that was once facing me, directing it to him.

People were screaming and crying, running out of the two large doors at the front. In the crowd, I managed to find Damien finishing off another guy, he grabbed my hips. "Stay close, please."

I sighed, "Damien I'll be fine. You need to relax, you're tense."

He shook his head in response, "I'm not asking Naomi. Stay. Close."

"I'm not taking orders from a man who doesn't know what he's doing." A large man comes charging towards me and I grab the extra gun attached to Damien's waistband, pulling the trigger.

Damien chuckles as he fights off an opposing bodyguard. Vigorously jabbing him in the skull, "I don't know what I'm doing? You're the one who couldn't tell me Boris knew you. I'm not here to play family reunion."

I throw a kick at the man in front of me, the heel of my shoe piercing into his skin. I pull out another dagger and throw it in his direction. My breath quickly runs out but I begin speaking again, "funny thing is if you know where I knew him from this crap wouldn't be spilling from your mouth." I watch as the man's body plummets to the ground, "I don't even know Boris, I know Ivan- shit."