05: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

Charles and I got to the mechanic's a little after noon

Charles and I got to the mechanic's a little after noon. I would say I'm a little relieved when I found out that the mechanic was someone Charles knows. I wasn't about to be here with strangers.

We walked through the broken cars and oil parts. I reached into my pocket and grabbed a cigarette, lighting the stick up and holding it between my lips.

Charles glared at me, he then began to vigorously cough when the smoke emerged in his direction, "Jesus Naomi, when are you going to stop with these cancer sticks?"

I roll my eyes, "how about you go look for your bastard half-brother? Besides, I don't smoke all the time." There was no lie in that statement, I'd only smoke a few times a year and today happened to be one of those times.

He wraps his arm around my shoulders and chuckles. "You're so tense Naomi, loosen up a little." He then moved my hand away from my pocket. "I can sense you grabbing onto your gun. Please don't shoot my brother, Cecile will be pissed."

I took a second to process what Charles had said. Cecile was Charles's mother and I'm suspecting she's Damien's too. I love Cecile, she's taught me so much and she's nearly like a second mom to me. I guess I'll hold on for a second.

"Yeah, whatever. Just tell your brother not to provoke me." I place the cigar back on my lips as we walk into the garage Damien is located in.

"His presence is enough of a provocation"

Charles's comment makes me laugh but it soon dies down when I spot Damien up ahead. His attention is spotted on his car. A fitted black T-shirt on his upper body with grey slacks enhancing his lower body. His hands were folded across each other watching intently.

I calmly roll my eyes at his attendance and take another drag of my cigarette. Charles on the other hand smiles and walks over to his brother. He winces when he takes a look at Damien's car. "Damn that car is fucked up."

He rolls his eyes and turns to me, "what the fuck is she doing here?" The snarl in his voice almost makes me burst into tears. Laughing tears.

"The feeling is mutual Mr. Petit. I'd rather be at home than within 2 feet of your sorry ass." I finished the cigarette and smashed it into the ground. I then picked it up and threw it in a nearby garbage.

He deadpanned, "I wonder how many men have to kiss that sorry ass of yours." His statement was nearly a whisper, showing the lack of confidence in his voice.

"You're one of them, Mr. Petit. Cut the bullshit." I stuff my hands in my pockets and shiver. I instantly regret wearing only a tank top because the late-October Russian weather is killing me.

I point towards the broken sports car that is currently being fixed. With my other hand, I grab a stack of American dollar bills and shuffle them. "How much does the fugly car cost to get fixed?"

Damien looks around in amusement, he then points towards his chest. "The infamous psychotic Naomi Harris is apologizing?"

I cock my eyebrow upwards, "you must be mistaken. I'm not apologizing, I'd do it a thousand times again. I'm just paying for the damages so I can get the hell out of here." My fingers skip through the dollar bills and I pull out $15,000 throwing the stash at his face.

He glares at me, "I'm only letting you disrespect me because Charles is here. The moment he turns his back you're dead."

I try to smirk but bark out a laugh instead. "You don't scare me, Mr. Petit. Aren't you going to pick up your money?" I step on one of the bills and kick the rest towards his feet.

We hear a huff and turn towards Charles's. "Nobody is picking up anything. Naomi, you're not paying Damien back in money, we're going to sit here and wait till his car is fixed."

My jaw drops, "you better be fucking lying." I then reach for my pocket. "Charles, I love you. But don't make me pull out my gun."

He gives me a knowing glare, "I'm not going to threaten you Naomi, but just know that without me, this mission is shit."

Damien laughs on the other end. "That is so fucking low Charles, I like it."

I cross my arms and lean up against a random truck engine. Already dreading the long day I have ahead of me. Send help.

━✦❘༻༺❘✦━

It's been nearly 3 hours of sitting at the mechanic. Turns out that the guy has been forced to fix Damien's car, some type of favour exchanging they have going on.

The wind blows the strands of my hair in different places. I check my watch and groan, running a hand down my face.

Charles is seated beside me and he checks the time on his watch. "By the way Naomi, we have an auction to go to."

I close my eyes and comically turn my head towards him. Lost in shock. "What. The. Hell. Did. You. Just. Say?"

"We have an auction at 8:30 pm, it's currently 4:20 pm so we have to go soon." He doesn't see anything wrong with his statement.

I groan, "Charles why the fuck are we here then? Why do you keep telling me things on short notice? I will cut your head off!"

He runs a hand through his golden brown hair. "Yeah, Eugene just told me an hour ago. I'm sorry Ni." He goes to wrap his arms around my shoulder but I move away.

"Don't even, I'm mad at you." I walk towards my car and try to open the door. I budge will the handle before calling Charles. "Open this door."

He presses his lips together in a thin line. "Fine, I'll drop you at your place. We have to arrive a little earlier because Eugene wants to speak to you."

I squint my eyes and tilt my head to the side. "Why does your stupid friend want to talk to me?" The car opens, and I get inside, assessing Charles as he walks to the car.

He shrugged carelessly, "apparently he likes you, I'm just playing matchmaker here."

I rub my temple and rest my head on the window. Not another one of Charles's stupid friends who spike interest in me. They're either cocky businessmen or annoying losers.

Send help.