27: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐦

At six in the morning, the doctors arrived at my house to check on Naomi

At six in the morning, the doctors arrived at my house to check on Naomi. Unfortunately by the time they arrived, she was asleep. Knowing her condition I didn't want to wake her up, realizing that this is probably the only sleep she'll get for the week.

I assigned the doctors to check on her when she woke up. I also assigned them to make sure eats because she didn't have much last night. I put on an all-black suit and walked out of my room.

When I got downstairs, I greeted Mango rolling around with a ball in her mouth. I played with her for a few minutes before checking my watch, "I'm going to see Charles, I'll be back mango."

I gave her one more pat and walked out of my house, picking a car out in the garage. My security opened the gate and I drove out of there and to Charles's apartment.

A few minutes later I rolled into the familiar parking garage of Charles's penthouse. Killing the engine, I got out of the car and pressed the floor on the lift button.

Many seconds later, the familiar chime of the lift bell rang through my ears and I waited for the doors to open. Once they did, I got out and walked into Charles's living room.

He was standing in his kitchen with a small glass of bourbon in his hands, watching something on the flat-screen television. When he spotted me he smiled, sitting on his couch.

"What brings you here brother dearest?" He sets the glass on the table and ushers me to sit down.

I sigh, "have you heard anything from Amélie's doctor? If they don't get back to me I might return to France."

"I was just about to call them. I still think you should come back to France. Maman misses you." I roll my eyes at his convincing words, pouring myself a glass of Cognac.

"Fine." I sigh, taking another chug of my drink. "If that's what will make Maman happy then I'll be there. Peut-être que je viendrai en France pour Noël."

(Maybe I'll come to France for Christmas.)

He smiles, "Oui, si j'en ai fini avec le travail, je serai là aussi. It's just that my father would probably want me in Brazil."

(Yup, if I'm finished with work I'll be there too.)

"Yeah, because you're not even a mafia leader but you somehow always have something to do." I chuckle, taking a look at his television. Charles was always travelling the globe, from meetings in Qatar to auctions in Mexico. I guess that's something you do as a person who owns 5 businesses. I forgot about that life when I gave my business to Amélie.

A deep chuckle leaves his lip, "you always have a way to sneak diss me huh?"

"You already know." I shrugged. Everything goes quiet for a second before I decide to ask him an icebreaker question. "Can I ask you something?"

Charles squints, "yeah, as long as it's not my card details, too many people have that."

My lip twitches at his stupid comment but I dismiss it, "I know you and Naomi are just friends but have you-"

"Had any feelings for her?" He guesses, pulling the question straight from my mouth. "The answer is no, Naomi is one of my best friends."

I look around in dismay, "how did-"

"Oh, brother dearest. I know we didn't grow up together but I know you like I know the back of my hand. Something alerted me the moment I realized that fifty percent of south Moscow's upper-class homes were under your name." He finishes the rest of his drink and sets it on the table, folding his arms. "I can tell something was going on between the two of you ninnies. I was just waiting for it to come out."

"Um okay then," I muttered, pouring myself another cup of Cognac.

He sighs, "just don't do anything stupid. I'm not tryna lose my friend. Besides, my other best friend, Scarlett Will crucify me."

I sighed deeply and stoop up, shoving my hands into my pockets. "I won't. I'll see you later."

With my finger running through my hair, I exited Charles's penthouse and walked over to my car. As I drove down the road my mind was fixated on one person.

Naomi.

She was taking up pretty much all my thoughts these days. Something about her attracted me. I couldn't tell if it was her attitude, her stubbornness, or the way she'd look at me when things didn't go her way.

My mind was utterly flooded with thoughts of her. She occupied my mind all the time and for some odd reason, I didn't have a problem with it.

I parked my car in front of my house and let the guards park it in the garage. I slowly creaked the door open and walked inside. I heard no commotion until I heard soft snores.

Mango was sprawled on the couch asleep and Naomi was beside her. An empty plate of food was next to her on the table as she gently rubbed Mango's fur. I felt a small smile rise as I watched Naomi.

When I placed my suit jacket on the counter she turned around to see me and smiled. Something else I've also grown to like was her smile, the way her dimples would pop out and light her entire face.

I walked up to the couch and took a seat next to her, I draped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to me, "missed me?"

She scoffs, "you would know if you picked up your phone. I've been calling you for the past hour and a half."

I open up my phone to see the 5 missed calls and messages from Naomi. All of the messages read, 'please get me brownies. I'm hungry and I don't want to get them myself.' The last message read, 'I also just got these stupid stitches.'

"Fuck." I sigh, "I'm sorry, I didn't check my phone while I was with Charles." I try to put my arm around her again but she moves to the side, folding her arms.

I muster up an idea, "we could go right now if you want?"

I hear her sigh before standing up, she lightly clutches the cut on her side and walks toward the stairs, "I'll be back down in 10 minutes."

I shake my head and chuckle, admiring the beautiful problem I got myself into.

  Won't update for a while cuz I got things to do

Won't update for a while cuz I got things to do. I love Damien so much, sigh.