44: 𝐘𝐚𝐮𝐫 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧

"Charles, are you a hundred percent sure he isn't going to be there? I don't want to see him

"Charles, are you a hundred percent sure he isn't going to be there? I don't want to see him." I confirm with Charles, unlocking the door to my house in France.

It's been a week since my talk at the grave and I've decided to come back to France. Charles had shared the news of his sister's awakening and I came to see her.

I didn't want to tamper with Damien's life any longer. I planned to apologize to his sister and continue with my life. Charles clears his throat the moment we step into my home.

I lightly scratch my neck, remembering the mess I left before I left for California. Bottles of alcohol and sleeping pills were on the ground. What embarrassed me the most was the continuation of holes through the wall of my hallways.

Charles slings an arm around my shoulder, "I'm just glad you're better now. Anya will be here in a couple of minutes."

My face lights up, "finally! It's been so long since I've seen her. Scarlett doesn't even hang out with me anymore."

Laughter erupts from his lips, "yeah we could go out then drop you at the hospital for a bit."

I nod in agreement, "are you a hundred percent sure that he won't be there?" Anxiety rushes through my veins as I think of seeing Damien again.

"He's not there Naomi. We'll sort this out, I promise. One thing I know for a fact was that you didn't hit Amélie, we just need to find out who." As Charles finishes his sentence, my front door turns and someone walks in.

I make eye contact with familiar blue eyes and smile. Anya never changed. She's still obsessed with the shortest tops and jeans with the lowest waists. I run up to her and hug her immediately, our waves of laughter fill the foyer.

"Naomi! It's been so long!" She breaks the hug to look at me and shakes her head. "What's been happening? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm great. I've just been trying to find myself again, but I'm fine. I promise." I tried to sound as convincing as I could as someone walked through my front door.

A man with brown hair and dark eyes stared back at me. He was holding a bouquet in his hands as Anya turned around to him. "Oh yeah, this is our friend Reid. He's new to all this and we thought it'd be fun if he came with us to eat."

I nodded and faced the tall man in front of me. He held the flowers out for me and I looked up at him in confusion, "who are those for?"

"It'd be disrespectful to crash the party without a gift and since it's spring I decided to bring some flowers. To light up your house..." He looks around and I instantly become insecure about the environment around me.

I chuckle softly and take the flowers from his hands, "I'm in the middle of um, renovating." I quickly find a vase that isn't disintegrated on the floor and put the flowers inside.

Charles and Anya looked at me weirdly. She speaks up, "hurry up and get changed, Naomi. We'll be waiting in the car."

"Yeah, thanks." I awkwardly reply and jog upstairs to my room. The area was just like downstairs but I managed to find some options in my closet.

Today the weather was great so I decided to wear a short dress. I left my hair down and put in all my piercings. Deciding to add a little makeup to the mix, I felt good. For some reason, my appearance gave me a boost in happiness and I realized that my ass was indeed coming back.

Not to be late, I grabbed my things and walked down the stairs. I went into the limousine and sat towards the door. Unintentionally, I moved a little over to Reid, watching as he stiffened next to me.

The ride was rather silent and I used my phone the entire time. I wasn't sure where we were going but all I knew was that I needed to leave this car. I could feel Reid occasionally shift his gaze to me and it was making me very uncomfortable.

Eventually, the car came to a stop in front of a restaurant and we got down immediately. My dress rose as I was getting out of the car but I pulled it down. Trying to avoid the two eyes following me.

We entered the restaurant and sorted ourselves into seats. Charles and Anya sat next to each other, while I was seated next to Reid.

This whole encounter was making me a little uncomfortable. I decided that right after this, I'd ask to be dropped off at Amelie's hospital. A part of me was thinking that Charles and Anya intentionally invited me and Reid.

"What are you getting?" Reid turns to me, his eyes scanning my entire frame from head to toe.

I gazed at the menu and looked back at him, "I think I'm getting salmon. I haven't had that in a while."

He nods in reply and starts a conversation with Charles and Anya. During their conversations, the only thing running through my mind is a large bottle of wine. Something I can just drown in and wake up problem free.

Learning that my mother left me and that I was supposed to have an older brother in one day has done some things for me. It wasn't terrible things, just things that help me see life from a different perspective.

I soon realized that I wasn't interested in staying here any longer. I didn't wait for the waiter to come back with my food and stood up, grabbing my things. I turned to everyone seated, "something came up so I'm going to the hospital now."

Charles and Anya nod and wish me good luck while Reid reaches for my arm. "Naomi, right?"

I nod, "will you be in Italy by Friday?" He asks, referring to the Italian mafia's annual Gala.

Once again, I nod. He continues, "I was thinking we could go together?" The idea sounds like bullshit in my head but I nod to dismiss him.

"Yeah, ask Anya for my contact information."

Do y'all like Reid? Anya? Not edited btw