45: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Charles had let the doctor know about my arrival so it was safe for me to enter

Charles had let the doctor know about my arrival so it was safe for me to enter. I straightened my dress and took a deep breath before holding the doorknob.

As I turned and opened the door. A woman who looked exactly like Damien stared at me. She was beautiful. Dark straight hair, green eyes, and the face of a model. Her thick eyebrow turned upwards.

"Hi," I mumbled, immediately regretting my decision. Trying not to be super awkward, I sat on one of the chairs in the room. I pulled out the cupcakes I had bought from a cupcake store near my home.

She looked at me weirdly, "who are you?"

"Naomi, I'm a friend of your brother, Charles. I came here to apologize for everything I've done to you. I know you don't know me, but I've done some irreversible damage." I quickly take a sip of the water in my handbag to cool down a little bit.

She eyes me down and then looks at the cupcakes I placed on her table. "Before you explain how you supposedly ruined my life, can I take a cupcake?"

A small smile stretches on my face, "yeah, of course."

━✦❘༻༺❘✦━

After 30 minutes of talking and apologizing, Amélie and I finished the entire dozen of cupcakes. She continues laughing, "Naomi the story doesn't make sense, I know for a fact it wasn't you." She takes another bite, "whoever said that is a liar."

"Fact is, I don't who said it or how they know, "I complain, fiddling with the end of my dress.

She sighs, "the truth will come out soon. Hopefully, Damien realizes that it's not you so he can stop walking around like a sloth all the time."

My breath stops, "Damien? How do you-?"

"Damien came here the other day describing his girlfriend and "she" looks like you." Amélie, sighs, tapping on her belly that was filled with cupcakes.

I stare at her with complete confusion. "He called me his girlfriend? Wait, Damien still talks about me?"

"Yeah like the only thing he talks about." She laughs, taking a sip of her water sitting on the table. "But I'm glad to have a badass sister-in-law."

"Amélie, Damien and I aren't dating. I haven't seen or spoken to him in almost five months." I try to hide the weird feeling in my stomach. One of my feelings for Damien.

She rolls her eyes, "I haven't seen y'all together but I already love it. Don't stress Naomi." She sighs, "I kinda want more cupcakes..."

I raise my eyebrows, "your stomach isn't twisting and turning right now?"

She shakes her head with a smile, "No! I usually don't eat gluten so my tummy is happy." She answers my question before I could ask, "for modelling. I need to maintain my body."