18: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐀𝐰𝐞

By the fifth movie; Mean Girls

By the fifth movie; Mean Girls. Damien had already fallen asleep, he was slumped over on the couch while Mango, who I've grown to learn is a big attention seeker, was snuggled in between us.

It was nearly 6 pm and the day of the wedding. Scarlett was coming over to do my hair and makeup. Caterina would also be here any minute to do any last-minute finishes to my dress.

I found my robe and wrapped it around my body the moment I heard a knock on the door. The familiar woman came busting into my room with a giant coat hanger and a beautiful red dress. It was an off-the-shoulder that seemed to hug my body perfectly. The slit I requested sits on the left side of the dress.

"Okay! I still have 5 more dresses to deliver, hurry try this on bellissima!" She unzipped the dress and made me jump into it, zipping it up before giving me any room to breathe.

At first, she covered her mouth so I thought the dress was bad. I frowned, at her reaction then she began laughing, "the dress is not bad sweetheart. Caterina non fa mai un brutto vestito!"

(Caterina never makes a bad dress)

I wanted to laugh to be polite but my lips stayed in a line. Watching the woman who found herself amusing. "Yeah, haha."

"If you need another dress make sure to call my number, bambina. I'm always available, ciao." She takes the rest of her stuff and closes my door, I mumble a small 'bye' and plop onto the bed.

I decided to take off my dress and change into some basic clothes for when I do my makeup. Someone then knocked on the door and I opened it, revealing Scarlett with a giant makeup box in her hands. She also had a few coat hangers.

"Well, you look half dead," Scarlett murmurs as soon as she sees me. She notices the frown that formed on my face and corrected herself. "I mean, you don't look amongst the living."

I quickly yawn and run a hand down my face. "I haven't slept and I know the moment my mother sees me in that reception, she's going to prescribe me with more bullshit."

I sit down on the chair and let Scarlett do my makeup, reading the text messages from my mother to hurry up and get to the hall. "Scarlett, do you mind hurrying this up? You still need to do your makeup."

She paused and gives me a deadly glare, "it's either I take my time and do it well, or I do a bunch of garbage on your face."

I breathe a sigh and relax into the chair, "fine, but make it snappy."

━✦❘༻༺❘✦━

Scarlett is finally done with my hair and makeup and on the dresser doing hers. I quickly slipped into my dress, and put on my heels, loving the way the clothing looks on my body. The security at any Marino function is tight but I still strapped a couple of blades to my thigh in case something goes wrong.

I stared into the mirror and breathed a sigh of relief when my eye-bags looked almost non-existent. It made me feel better, alongside the flashy eye makeup Scarlett did for me.

Before the car gets here I decided to grab my clutch and play with mango downstairs. As I was walking, I spotted Damien by the living room. He held a blunt to his lips and then smiled when his eyes caught a glimpse of me. He's wearing an all-black suit with the strands of his black hair styled back. The bottom of his oxford shoes was red, matching mine.

Mango then ran up to me but I realized I couldn't move in this dress, so I had to refrain from playing with the dog that is staring up at me. Damien walked up to me instead, "the car is outside, let's go." He took another look at me and subtly licked his lips. "Tu es belle, Naomi."

(You look beautiful, Naomi)

I couldn't contain my smile at Damien's sudden compliment, "Merci monsieur." He suddenly grabbed my hand and wrapped it in his, leading me to the car. We both sat in the back of his car and quickly texted Scarlett, telling her that I'm leaving.

Damien turned to me, "so how do you know Kade Bianchi?" For some reason, my hand was still in his and I didn't want them to depart, feeling warmth in the tenous action.

"Thought you'd probably know my life story by now," I weakly chortle, looking off to the side. "I've always been close to the Marino's so when my father died, I was adopted by their friends. Marcus and Laura Ortiz."

His eyes widened, "you're adopted?" He questions, turning to face me.

"You didn't do your research did you?" I snort.

"Well I did, but information on you is very hard to find. I guess that's the whole point of being an assassin." When he said that, a sense of calamity washed over me. I didn't want to be famous, my wealth was all I needed.

We got to the front of the hall and Damien immediately exited the car. He came around and helped me out then grabbed my waist, pulling me steadily to his side.

My phone chimed in the pocket of my clutch and I grabbed it out, reading the notification in my head.

Jonathan: who is that guy you're walking in with?

Double update bcuz next two chapters are packed...lolz