38: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐀𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

"So Cecile are you still working on designing or you're back to architecture?" I throw some type of pastry into my mouth as Cecile explains her work situation

"I have no interest in retiring if that's what you're asking. I'm back to architecture, I miss it." She looks at Damien speaking to an older man. The older man looks a lot like him, anger written on his face. "Naomi, I have a question for you."

My eyebrows furrowed at her sudden tone, and she abruptly stood up and grabbed my arm. Moving past the dancing people, we made it to a decorated hallway.

"Is there a problem Cecile?" My voice was laced with concern as she looked up at me, the little wrinkles on her face crinkling up.

She smiles, "I'm an alarmist, I just wanted to know if you and Damien are dating. My son looks so happy." She gently puts a hand to her heart and smiles softly.

My eyes roll slightly, "no we're not together but-"

"Do you like him?" Her eyes lit up and I almost laughed at her eagerness.

I thought about it for a while. Did I want to see myself in a relationship with Damien? Yes. My main goal for my mission was to concentrate but there's something about Damien that makes me happy. Something I can't explain.

I smiled, "yes Cecile, I like your son. More than I should."

Her eyebrows raise, "more than you should? My son is not a loser Naomi." I can hear the sarcasm leaking from her voice.

My eyes roll at her scolding, "Cecile you and Amelie call him a loser all the time."

She visibly relaxes at the sound of Amelie's name, "we did, all the time. Just relax with Damien, oui? You both are great for each other. I've seen your eye bags have visibly cleared."

What?

My stomach drops to my ass at the mention of eye bags. I slowly struggle to form a sentence. "W-what? eye bags? Cecile, I do not have eye bags!"

She sighs, "I'm a mother, Naomi. My sister also had a sleeping problem. I can tell when someone is insomniac." Her words brought an unfamiliar sort of comfort. I wasn't aware of what I was doing until she began rubbing my back, my neck resting on her shoulder.

"It's been hard, Cecile. So damn hard and your son has helped me, truly. Like I barely think about it anymore." We break the hug and she reaches a hand to my cheek, the warmth radiating to my skin.

"Have you told him about D'andre?" I shake my head in reply. Nobody knows about my biological fathers passing except for my family and Scarlett. I haven't even gathered enough courage to tell Charles about it.

She smiles softly as I check the time on my phone. "I haven't gotten a chance to talk to Charles, I'll be back Cecile."

"Don't worry about me ma chérie." With her reply, I walk back into the hall. I keep an eye out for Charles but he beats me to it, grabbing my arm and pulling me into a hug.

I playfully punch his arm, "where the hell has your ass been?"

He rolls his eyes, fixing the black suit he has on. "I was in Switzerland, then I went to Seychelles with Anya."

I smile, "I haven't seen that girl in so long, is she here?"

He shakes his head momentarily, "she'll be here for Christmas, she had to return to Russia for work."

"Good, I'm expecting her. I'm going back, a girls kind of hungry." He nods his head in reply and I walk back to our table, taking a seat next to a visibly fuming Damien.

He doesn't say anything when I join him so I decided to pull out my phone and check my emails.

My work is cut off short when people begin standing up to dance. I look around and smile when I catch Javier and Scarlett dancing on the floor. My heart warms up when I realize that Scarlett's finally found love.

She never thought she was capable of being loved. She never felt pretty or smart enough and no matter how many times I reminded her that she was enough, she just couldn't believe it. I'm glad that she's finally realized her beauty through Javier.

My stomach grumbles so I turn to Damien, "I'm hungry, can we get something to eat?"

His eyes look over me in annoyance, "the food is at the back, you can go get it." My face drops immediately and I frown.

"I was wondering if we could go-"

He sighs, "Naomi, go get it yourself."

With that, I stand up immediately and walk over to the food station. I don't let Damien's words bother me as I dish my food. My eyes scan over the different types of holiday foods, my stomach grumbling with anticipation.

The waiter hands me a plate of food and I decide to sit next to Javier and Scarlett. I wasn't ready to have another silly argument with Damien, if he was going to act childish, then I'm not sitting anywhere near him.

Scarlett immediately runs up to me and kisses my cheek. Her beautiful, ginger hair glistened in the light. "Naomi you look so good! I'm sorry I've been so busy recently."

I smile and take a seat next to her, Javier comes around and shakes my hand. "I know you two are taking your relationship to the next level. I'll give y'all some space." I take a bite of my food and sigh in contentment, "just don't steal my best friend. Charles has also been a handful."

They both laugh and Javier chimes in, "why aren't you sitting with Damien?"

"He's been acting like a child, but I guess I'll see what's up with him." I take a few more bites of my food and stand up, patting down my dress and walking back to Damien.

He's still seated in the same spot, a glare on his face as if he's trying to keep something in. I sit next to him and place a hand on his shoulder, "what's wrong? I mean you've been angry since I came back."

"Don't touch me, Naomi. I don't have time for you right now." His voice is laced with venom and I swallow a small lump in my throat.

I roll my eyes, "can't you just tell me what's wrong? You act like a child Damien. A fucking child. Instead of solving your problems like a normal human being you give everyone the fucking silent treatment, it's embarrassing!"

He scoffs, "what am I supposed to say?! I'm sleeping with nothing but a liar."

I stand up and grab my purse, "I know you have no decorum Damien, but I'm not going to let you embarrass me in front of hundreds of people. Go fuck yourself."

With what I said, I called my driver and had a car sent over. I decided to stay over at my house and not Damien's. I have nothing to say to him, he's out of his damn mind.

Not edited lol

Not edited lol