34: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"I look kind of weird

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I look kind of weird." I sighed, looking at my dark-backless dress in the mirror. Damien had told me 30 minutes after our session that there was someone we needed to take care of at a nearby casino.

Damien walked into the bathroom dressed in all black to match my dark-coloured dress. His eyes waved over my dress and I watched as his lips turned up in amusement. His cold fingers ran down my exposed back, "you look beautiful, baby. If this wasn't important you'd be bent over this marble counter in milliseconds."

I move his hands away from my back and fix up my hair. I feel a pair of eyes on me as I apply my dark-coloured lipstick, attaching one of my favourite earrings. Through the mirror, I catch a glimpse of Damien staring at me, a few strands of dark-coloured hair sprawled on his face.

A sigh leaves my lips, "can you not? I'm trying to concentrate but your eyes are glued on me."

The ends of his lip curled ever so slightly, "how can I not when you're the sexiest woman I've ever laid my eyes on?" He walks up behind me and kisses the exposed part of my neck, sending waves of heat down my body.

"The compliment is very much appreciated but we have to be there on time." I check my phone to see that Scarlett hasn't texted me back. I reach up to peck Damien, living a stain of lipstick on his jaw. "Why am I the only one on track?!"

I grab my pair of heels from the bed and walk downstairs. On the kitchen counter, many devices and weapons are sprawled in an orderly fashion. I look around the house and try to pinpoint what's missing. I turn to Damien, "when's Christmas?"

He shoves a gun into his waistband and fixes his watch, remaining eye contact. "It's in fifteen days why?"

"Do you not decorate your house for Christmas or...?" I trailed off, attaching a blade to the side of my thigh. He shook his head for a brief moment.

"I never had the time to do that." Without warning, he bends down to fix the strap on my thigh. Whirling around the toothpick in between his plump lips. "You never attach these properly."

I try to push away the bubbling in my stomach, "since I'm here I'll help you." I grab the rest of my stuff on the counter and fix my lipgloss, pushing away the curly strands sticking to my lips. I walk into Damien's ginormous garage and sigh, "I'm driving, what car?"

━✦❘༻༺❘✦━

"Why do you drive like a maniac?" Damien yells once we come to a screeching halt. "You do not need to be going at a minimum speed of 145 kilometres an hour."

I turn down the music blasting through the speakers and raise my eyebrows. "If you don't like how fast I'm going you can get out of the car." He doesn't respond so I take it as a cue to turn my music back up, humming to the tune.

We soon drift into the back parking lot of the casino and I stop the car. I grab my things and watch as Damien walks out of the car, before he leaves, he whispers under his breath, "fucking desperado."

I find myself chuckling at his comment, clutching onto my coat as we both walked into the casino. As we enter, the warm air engulfs my frame and Damien snakes his hand around my waist, under my coat. "Remember, Anton's brother?"

I lean into him, "the bald guy with no left eye?" He deeply chuckles, sending little shivers down my spine. "We look suspicious, start walking."

Before I could take any step further I felt a light tap on my ass. I turn my head around to see Scarlett behind me, her eyebrows wiggling momentarily. She comes up beside me and whispers into my ear, "your ass is plumper than usual, Damien likes his back shots huh?"

I stand still for what seems like five minutes and whip my head around to meet hers. Almost giving myself whiplash. "What the fuck did you just say?"

The extreme red colour on her lips adds to her devious smirk, "your ass looks great. Damien is doing well." She pulls my coat to the side, "maybe I should thank a brother for his great act-"

I pull her by the sleeve of her shimmering dress, "sit your ass down and shut up before I stuff some casino coins into your mouth."

My threat doesn't faze her and she loudly laughs, "you love me too much Ni, you would do no such." There was truth in that statement, but I wouldn't talk to her for a month if she'd spill something like that to Damien.

"Just don't run your mouth and we will be on good terms." I take a seat next to her at the poker table, more sophisticated men sitting around us. Scarlett and I are seated together while Damien is seated somewhere else. I lean closer to her, "where's pretty boy?"

She rolls her eyes, "he's outside handling some family business." I can hear the annoyance in her voice and chuckle.

"Looks like you both have dysfunctional families." She shoots me a glare and I innocently smile in return. I shouldn't be talking.

At last, Anton's brother takes a seat, Damien sends me a look and Scarlett kicks my heel. Before the game starts Scarlett leans in, "I'm going to need help because I don't know how to play poker."

My lips turn into a smirk, "we're not playing poker, we're watching and shooting." I gaze my eyes over to Anton's brother, "see Mr no left eye over there?"

She nods.

"He's the brother younger of Anton and first cousin of Ivan Orlov. He loves poker but unfortunately, he's not good at it. All we need is for him to lose." I check the time on my watch, "which he will."

After about five minutes of intimidating silence, Javier returns and the game starts. Scarlett sits this one out because she still can't grasp the concept of the game.

I hold the cards in my hand and look between Boris and the woman behind him. My lip pivots into a frown when she begins to rub his bald head. Scarlett stifles a giggle.

I can see Damien and Javier scowling at Scarlett but all our awareness gets reverted to Boris when he decided to speak.

"We're waiting, play your cards, Naomi."

Shit, they always remember my name.

Something tells me that Boris is not talking about the physical cards in my hand. With no choice, I pull out my gun.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.