30: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

I gently folded all my clothes into my bag and zipped up the stupid suitcase

I gently folded all my clothes into my bag and zipped up the stupid suitcase. Damien had finally convinced me to come with him two hours before the trip so here I am, sitting in front of a suitcase and telling Scarlett that she doesn't need to pack 18 pairs of the same skirt set on a 2-week trip.

One of the reason's why I agreed to this stupid trip was because Charles, Javier, and Scarlett were coming, so it wasn't much of a vacation. Something I hated was procrastinating so knowing that they are all coming let's me know that work never stops. Not until Ivan Orlov is strapped to the wing of my father's private jet.

"Scarlett for fuck sake! That's the same skirt just in a lighter pink!" I stuff a few strawberries in my mouth as Scarlett packs in front of me, her long ginger hair tied in a messy ponytail.

She sighs, "okay but when we land Javier promised to take me somewhere..." she trails off, looking for the perfect outfit for her 'date.'

I sigh, "so you and Javier are going at it huh?" I thought back to the Scarlett I knew a month ago. She'd never stick to one man so I'm surprised she and Javier are going on dates. "Didn't know you liked him like that."

She groans, "don't remind me of how stupid I am." Her palm collided with her forehead. "I guess we're both falling for some French fucks." She tosses another outfit into her bag. "Well Javier is Vietnamese but he lived in France his entire life."

"Yeah, I don't know what you mean by 'we'. Damien and I are not together. We just so happen to be...fucking...I guess." I quickly shut my mouth after that statement. It was a lie. I like Damien, a lot. It's hard for me to admit it because I want to focus on my mission.

She gives me a plain look, "don't lie to me, Raven. I know you like Damien and you're just waiting for him to pop the question." She closes her suitcase and laughs to herself.

"Erm... No Mr. Petit will not be popping any questions, thank you." I push my suitcase out of the hall and run into a very happy Javier.

"Long time no see Naomi, I missed you." He grabs Scarlett's suitcase and pushes it down the steps for her.

I groan, "I can't say the same, Tien. Your hair looks kinda concerning."

Scarlett rushes to Javier, "don't give a fuck about what Naomi says. She's dealing with personal issues, your hair looks extraordinary babe!"

"You guys are full of shit." I throw my suitcase downstairs and follow it. The loud sound banging through Damien's foyer. When I get down, someone grasps my suitcase and I look up to see Damien.

He smiles, "you could've asked me to roll it down for you." He slinks an arm around my waist and walks me out of the house.

I cling to my jacket as the winter wind passes by. My hair gets flown in different directions and Damien gently brushes it back for me. The chauffeur holds open the door and we both enter.

Javier comes up to the window and knocks firmly on the glass. Damien winds down, "what the fuck do you want Javier?"

He huffs, "aren't we all supposed to be going together?"

"No." Damien and I both say in sync. Damien winds up the window seconds later and drops his hand to my leg, drawing slow circles on the covered skin.

I rest my head on his shoulder and sigh as the car drives off, "so when was the last time you were in France?"

He gently rakes through my hair, "last year, when you stole from my mafia." I snort at his comment and look up at him.

"I'm not going to apologize if that's what you're asking." I trace my finger over the bridge of his nose and sigh, "what is this super important thing you have to do in France anyway?"

He kissed my hand as it dragged over his lips. I muffled a laugh with my other hand and he stared into my eyes, "I'm going to visit my mother. She's been wanting to see me. I also have some other things to tackle."

I squint, "so I'm just following you around like a lost puppy huh?"

"Not necessarily, we have a few things to do there before Christmas, and after the holidays, we'll be back in Russia." He kissed my knuckles and placed my fist back onto my thigh.

I sigh, "as long as I go to Disneyland then I'm fine. 'Cause I've never been there."

He turns to me, "you've never been to Disneyland?" His face is in a look of utter shock as if I'm missing a main part of my childhood.

I purse my lips, "no? I just never had time."

"It was the only normal thing I got to do as a child. I'd go every December with my sister and mother." I can see his face drop but I dismiss it the minute the car comes to a halt. Parking in front of Damien's plane.

He exits the car and holds out his hand for me to leave. As soon as my body hits the cold air, Damien grabs my waist towards him. The pilot nods his head in acknowledgement as we enter the plane.

"Is Mango coming to France?" I ask, taking a seat on one of the couches and looking around for Damien's furry Doberman. When I don't see her, I stretch my arms. "I'm going to lay down." I began walking towards the bedroom when I heard footsteps following after me.

"Mango is going with Javier, she doesn't do well on planes." He beat me to the door and opened it for me, "I'm coming."

I took off my jacket and hat, throwing them on a chair next to the bed. I didn't get any sleep in the last few days so I'm forcing myself to sleep for at least an hour. Just so my eye bags don't become prominent again. I gently placed my head on the pillow and took some deep breaths, hoping to find the feeling of dozing off.

As my eyelids started to shut, I felt large arms gently pull me to their chest. I caught a glimpse of Damien's silver rings as sleep approached. The final thing I felt was a kiss on my jaw, sealing my slumber.

 I love Disneyland so muchSee y'all next week 😛

See y'all next week 😛