Chapter 79: DG Worker and the Gossipers

Jordan's p.o.v.

"Would you get off?! You're crushing my spine!" I heard a girl yell angrily.

"You don't have a spine!" Another girl voice laughed.

I opened my eyes slowly, and saw Tiff and Lola in the floor. Tiff was sitting on Lola's back and by the looks of it, Lola wasnt happy with it. Tiff had her arms folded over her chest and a smirk on her face.

"Why are you so heavy?! Ugh!" Lola groaned beneath Tiffs weight.

"What are you guys doing...it's too early for this crap." I heard a voice beside me groan. Toms hand tightened around my waist and I relaxed into it. Yesterday was awful. Him just being here with me made me feel a thousand times better.

"Lola said a very hurtful thing to me, so I sat on her." Tiff stuck her nose in the air.

"I said she looked like a sheep in the morning! Was that so bad?!" Lola said in exasperation.

"Depends on what your view of a sheep is..." I yawned.

"It was offensive! I am not a sheep!" Tiff pouted.

"You're right, you're too fat to be a sheep!" Lola screeched angrily.

"Alright, calm down. We all look like sheep in the morning. Let's just agree on that and go back to sleep." Tom cuddled closer to me.

"Aw, why can't we be like them Lola? They're so sweet to eachother!"

"Maybe if you'd stop sitting on me everytime we get into an argument, we'd be more like them." Lola rolled her eyes.

"You're the one who called me a sheep...I didn't do nothing..." Tiff replied in a hurt tone.

"Fine. You're beautiful. Happy?" Lola said in a monotone voice.

"Very." Tiff stood up from her spot on Lola's back and Lola sighed.

"Thank the gods. Now shut up and go back to sleep." Tom grumbled tiredly.

"I can't sleep! She crippled me with her fat butt!"

"Fat butt?! You weigh ten more pounds heavier than me! You're carrying more junk than me in that trunk of yours!"

They continued to argue and accuse eachother, and I tuned them out.
I turned around to meet Toms face, and he smiled at me when I did. "Morning, sheep face."

"They're exactly like us, aren't they?" I asked ashamed.

"Yup." He grinned and kissed my lips. His breath still stunk, but I didn't care. I wanted nothing but his full attention today. He pulled away and gave me a worried look. "Are you okay? You look horrible. Your eye is swelled up and so is your nose."

I felt pain in every inch of my body, but I didn't care. Tom was here. I was happy.
"Honestly, no. But I feel a lot better when you're here next to me."

"You sappy sausage." He kissed me on the nose.

"Awwwww! I'm fan girling so hard right now!" Tiff squealed. I keep forgetting we aren't alone.

"Will you shush? They were having a moment..."

Tom sighed. "Aren't you two supposed to be looking at houses?"

They both gasped and headed for the door immediately, muttering a goodbye as they left.

"Well, that was easy."

"Sure was."
We sat in silence for awhile, enjoying each other's company.

~

"I'm sorry I left you alone. I should've stayed with you in case anything happened. I was being an idiot."