Chapter 7: Andor's Meltdown

After trying my hardest to eat the fried apples Tom made me, I finally gave up and went for a walk. I was absolutely starving to death but I could not for the life of me eat anything. I walked up a big hill and looked over at the town. Everything seemed quiet and peaceful, aside from what happened yesterday. And for a little while, my mind cleared itself from everything.

It didn't last long.

I heard loud shouting coming from the direction of the town. I squinted near the bridge to get a better look. All I could see was two figures facing each other.

I decided to get a little closer so I could see who they were and what they were saying.

I got right up to the bridge where the two figures were standing and finally I recognized a voice.

"Father, it was an unjust and unfair trial. Syndicate had a right to break out Farmer Steve!"

"Andor I don't want to hear your back talk. You will be punished for doing nothing about the jail break, I don't care how 'unfair' you think it is." He didn't seem to care at all about the others thoughts.

"Punish me all you want, but let Syndicate, Steve, and Sparklez back in the village. They shouldn't be banished into the wild like a bunch of wild animals."

"They are wild animals! Especially that Syndicate, insulting Mianite and praising another god! Any one should be banished for that!"

It was Prince Andor and King Helgrind.

"Can you at least try and be flexible for once?" Andor begged.

"I will not. It is you who is being foolish."

"Okay, okay, what about this? Let me talk to Sparklez and we can figure out some kind of agreement about the jailbreak. Our town relies on farmer Steve's apples. If we don't have farmer Steve then our town has to find another food source. We have no other sources. Please? For the sake of the people of our town?"

Helgrind started rubbing his chin, deep in thought.

"I suppose... If it were Sparklez negotiating...then that would be an option. I could be a little flexible in letting Steve and him back in the village under certain circumstances. But never will I let Syndicate back in, never.

"Thank you father!" Andor hugged the king.

"Ah! I said under certain circumstances!"

"Fine. What are they?" Andor pulled away form the hug.

"They both have to stay in the jail."

Well that excitement didn't last long.

Andor looked disappointed in his father. "Father, there is no way they are going to live in a jail cell."

"Well, that's all I can do."

"Father please I'm begging you, let them live here again."

"Andor I will not allow it. Stop acting like a childish brat and listen to me, or I might just have to banish you too."

Andor's face turned a dark shade of red. He yelled at the top of his lungs at Helgrind,"MOTHER WOULD HAVE TAKEN MERCY ON THEM! MOTHER WOULD ALWYAS LISTEN TO ME WHEN I HAVE AN IDEA! I HATE YOU! I hate you so much..."

By now Andor had tears in his eyes. He didn't give a second look to his father as he ran my way towards Toms house. Helgrind shook his head and turned to walk back into the village, not even bothering to look back at his son.

I saw as Andor started running towards me. I don't think he knew I was in the grass because he didn't stop even when I was clearly in sight.

"ANDOR WAI-"

He tripped over me and landed face first into the ground. "Oh goodness my head." He groaned.

"Sorry I was just...looking at birds." Gods why am I such a bad liar?

"Birds?" He looked up at me and there were still fresh tears in his eyes. "Sparklez we don't have any birds in this dimension."

"Okay...I was listening to you and your dad's conversation." I admitted.

"Oh...it is fine, so I guess you heard my outburst?"

"Yeah...look, it's cool if I don't live in the town. You don't have to worry about it."

"I just...I miss my mother...he's not helping at all...Jordan I don't think he even cares about me...and he just kicked you out...you are the only friend I have."

I didn't know what else to say. It was quiet for a few moments, then tears started coming down Andors face again.
'Do something!' My mind told me.

So I did what I usually did whenever Capsize was feeling down about missing Ianeria.

I hugged him. It was gonna be awkward and weird but I did it anyway. He hugged me back and began to sob into my shoulder.

"Did we interrupt something?" I heard a voice ask from behind me.

I looked up from Andor to see Steve and Tom looking at a
Andor and I.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked, still holding the broken Andor.

"Steve and I were discussing going to the nether when we heard yelling so we came to investigate." Tom said.

"What's wrong with em'?" Steve said quietly while looking at Andor.

"Helgrind was being...difficult." I didn't want to say much around Andor.

"Oh." They both said.

Andor looked up from my shoulder and at Tom and Steve.
"I apologize...it is childish of me to cry."

"It's cool dude, Sparklez is a bit of a crier too." Tom said matter of factly.

"No I'm not!" I yelled embarrassed. I didn't think he would say anything about that moment.

"It's okay Sparkley pants, I understand near death is worth crying about." Tom grinned.

Steve laughed and Andor smiled a little. I guess as long as Andor thought it was funny, I should too.

So I laughed with them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THATS RIGHT! I PUT A LITTLE SPANDOR IN THE MIX! DEAL WITH IT! Just kidding 😂 hope you guys enjoyed a little Spandor moment in this chapter! The next chapter is going to be really awesome! I'll be posting it today along with this one! Leave a favorite if you enjoyed! Thanks!
- Lee